Installation Of The UT-106 In A R75

Status
Not open for further replies.

somme1916

Does anyone know or know of a type of FAQ with install instructions of the UT-106 DSP unit into a R75 receiver ?

I'm just about to get one & would like to install it myself as long as there is no heavy soldering involved.

Thanks.

Rob

somme1916

Shortwavewave said:
Here you go http://www.icomamerica.com/en/products/receivers/tabletop/r75/default.aspx

click on the PDF Manual for the R75 it will tell you how, and its not hard at all, only real work is unscrewing the screws for the case, its just plug in a go!

Universal Radio sells the R75 with the 106 already installed.

Well that was sure easy, Thanks !

I have an older R75 & when I bought it the UT-106 was an option. I did not choose to buy one at the time but would like to try one now.

Rob

jlanoue

A little detour on the topic, but I was considering the R-75 or NRD-545 and would like any comments on the R-75 that might help my decision. Thanks..

..Joe

Shortwavewave

jlanoue, I have not had any experence on the NRD, hear its a good radio, but between the R75 and NRd all that really matters is how much you want to spend, the R75 will do anything anyone would ever need for HF, besides transmit.

Although the NRD545 is alot more "eye catching" as far as looks go, sometime I get tired of looking at an Amber Screen for 4hrs stright...lol

somme1916

jlanoue said:
A little detour on the topic, but I was considering the R-75 or NRD-545 and would like any comments on the R-75 that might help my decision. Thanks..

..Joe

Best analogy I can come up with is the R75 is like a Chevy or Ford & the 545 is like a Mercedes.
I have a Ford p/u & it's a good truck that gets me where I want to go. I would not mind having a Escalade , or whatever , but I'm not going to spend the money to get one.

The R75 , along with the UT-106 & the optional filters , is a great HF ute radio. The JRC 545 is a great HF radio with alot of options & built like a tank.

I have a R75 & a JRC 535d. If I could justify getting a JRC 545 I'd do it in a second. One other thing about JRC radios in general...they last generations. They are made to last & hand down to your kid when he/she gets old enough to have one.

Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.