Installing OP25 On Ubuntu 20.04

Status
Not open for further replies.
You missed log_ts.py. After copying that from boatbod, `-U` basically works.
I grabbed a new version of op25 osmocom about 20 minutes ago and got the error about "log_ts.py". I fixed that and now I get -

rx.py --args 'rtl' -N 'LNA:47' -S 2500000 -x 2 -f 771.48125e6 -U -T trunk05.tsv

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "./rx.py", line 818, in <module>
rx = rx_main()
File "./rx.py", line 741, in __init__
self.tb = p25_rx_block(self.options)
File "./rx.py", line 148, in __init__
gain_names = self.src.get_gain_names()
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'get_gain_names'

N6ML

I grabbed a new version of op25 osmocom about 20 minutes ago and got the error about "log_ts.py". I fixed that and now I get -

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "./rx.py", line 818, in <module>
rx = rx_main()
File "./rx.py", line 741, in __init__
self.tb = p25_rx_block(self.options)
File "./rx.py", line 148, in __init__
gain_names = self.src.get_gain_names()
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'get_gain_names'

I get that when I forget to plug in my tuner device ;)

KA1RBI

dir-Z390-UD:~> head -25 /home/dir/Documents/Archive/op25-3/op25/op25/gr-op25_repeater/lib/op25_imbe_frame.h
XSym
f0e391b23bdbdaa2455edc5bf4355213
../../gr-op25/lib/op25_imbe_frame.h

The file has just those 4 lines and a search on XSym turns up 4 or 5 other files just like it. XSym appears no where else.

OK yes those four or five "files" are actually sym links (at least with respect to the origin repo).

I suspect you'll need to review whatever means that you're using to copy directory trees in between various alien file systems...

Max

OK yes those four or five "files" are actually sym links (at least with respect to the origin repo).

I suspect you'll need to review whatever means that you're using to copy directory trees in between various alien file systems...

Max

Yes, I finally figured it out that that was the problem. it has problems when the linked files are copied from the Macintosh to flash drive and then from the flash drive to the linux system. The links are good on the Mac, but to linux they look like strange files. I always had a tar file of the op25 tree - so I normally deleted the tree to be sure there were no ./DS_Store files around and unpacked the tar file, but the two times that I did not do that I had the problem with the XSym files. I over the years I have had problems with linked files now and then - now I finally know why.

Status
Not open for further replies.