Installing updates for my Uniden Bearcat SR30C scanner

Ryiopie78

I was very excited to receive my Uniden SR30C scanner in the mail, but I am now very confused over how the installation of the usb thats on their website comes from an unknown source. I have tried to still install it, but my windows defender pops up showing a warning about this and will not allow me to install it.

Where can I get a verified installation of this at?

Ryiopie78

Windows protected your PC

Microsoft Defender SmartScreen prevented an unrecognized app from starting. Running this app might put your PC at risk.

sallen07

Premium Subscriber
Windows protected your PC

Microsoft Defender SmartScreen prevented an unrecognized app from starting. Running this app might put your PC at risk.
That doesn't mean what Microsoft wants you to think it means. :)

Depending on the version of Windows, you may not even *need* the USB driver.

If you DO need the driver, there should be a "More info" link at the top of that dialog box. Click it, then click "Run Anyway".

"Unrecognized app" means the author didn't pay Microsoft for a signature for their app. That COULD mean it's a malicious app, so you need to be careful doing that, but Uniden is OK. :)

Ryiopie78

Well i know that but this file is from 2019. I would had expected it to be updated to at least 2022

sallen07

Premium Subscriber
Well i know that but this file is from 2019. I would had expected it to be updated to at least 2022
Why?

A lot of drivers that had to be manually installed on Windows 7 are installed automatically with Windows 10 or 11.

It's a device driver. Since the device hasn't changed, no need to update it.

Ryiopie78

ok so i downloaded the software onto my computer, but when i plug in the usb from my phone to the computer, a page is suppose to open up, but nothing does.

sallen07

Premium Subscriber
ok so i downloaded the software onto my computer, but when i plug in the usb from my phone to the computer, a page is suppose to open up, but nothing does.
Was that a typo? Did you mean "scanner" instead of phone?

You also downloaded the software, correct? Not just the driver? And you ran the installer inside the zip archive? If so, then you should be able to go to your "Start" menu and run the programming software. Whah happens when you do that?

jjsmsalas

Hello everyone, I have a similar issue. I am running windows 11 and have installed all of the suggested drivers and software. When I plug in my scanner nothing happens, neither on my scanner nor my PC. Do you all think I may have a bad cord? I will also say that I bought this scanner used on Amazon. oh and it is the SR30C.

I am new to this hobby, but should I buy a different scanner? I don't want to break the bank that's why I went with this one, but I am considering buying the 125at.

Also, I just became a premium RR member, it is my understanding that I needed to do that to download the frequencies. Sorry I know its a lot of questions.

Hope everyone has a great night!

Scan125

As far as I'm aware Windows automatically detects and installs the drivers for both the 75 series of scanners AND the SR30C.

The driver is for Silicon Labs CP210x USB to UART Bridge.

Plug your scanner in the look at Device Manager / Ports to see is you can a COMn entry.

My free Scan75 Control Program will also detect and opertate the SR30C scanner so you can try this program to see if it recognises/finds yor scanner.

Scan75 Control Program