Not open for further replies.

el_pablo

What is the purpose of the IR? i was noticing these are in my area

Creedmoor IR 866.86250 867.21250c 867.90000 868.25000 868.50000

or perhaps a hint where to go..:)

Russell

Texas DB Admin
Database Admin
Intellirepeaters are for "radio holes" or difficult reception areas. They fill in the holes by communicating with units in the immediate vicinity. If the signal is stronger on the IR site then the mobile will switch to IR sites from one of the Simulcast layers. IR sites do not repeat everything from the S1/S2 layers unless the IR site is actually serving a mobile unit in the area on the TG the mobile is tuned to. In other words any TG can appear on an IR site but only if mobiles are in the area and using that TG. As the mobile moves out of the IR area (and no other mobile is in the area on that TG) then the TG will stop transmitting on the IR site.

They're great if you're near one as they will go active if something is going in the immediate vicinity. FYI ... "immediate vicinity" varies in size depending the intended coverage area, terrain, etc. So, IR sites can "fill in" a large area, if necessary.

Russell

el_pablo

thanks russell

Great Info.. I added them and get here and there chat, from the dead spaces or hard areas,as you mentioned ..most of it is from austin

Paul

WayneH

Forums Veteran
Super Moderator
IntelliRepeaters are also used when Simulcast is not needed, and not necessarily always used as fill-in sites. They're cheaper than going with external site controllers (MTC-3600, etc).

Status
Not open for further replies.