Inter City 155.370

bkirk3434

Does anyone know what the DEC is for Inter City (155.370) is? I am trying to monitor it digitally but cannot figure out how to.

Ronaldski

MI DB Admin
Database Admin
Doesnt get used too much but,
12044b4DINTRDSTInter-District - Dispatch Center to Dispatch Center

Ronaldski

MI DB Admin
Database Admin
Yeeyup I know, but that is what there is now and its was mentioned by the OP about monitoring it digitally and about DEC which is used for talkgroups as listed in the database.

The OP is referring to the VHF point-to-point frequency, Ski.

kruser

Premium Subscriber
Here in St Louis, MO, they have analog patches setup on the 155.370 receivers that get those users onto the county and statewide P25 systems.
Several of our municipalities here still have analog radios for 155.370 point to point. I'm not sure why that is though as they pretty much mandated that all muni's in the entire county cancel and release their old analog FCC licenses and join onto the new 800 MHz P25 system.
Maybe they run the analog patch for users outside the county. I'm not positive though. Most users are using P25 now but I can still monitor several departments in this county on analog 155.370.
The use of the analog patches on the various P25 systems in this area allow everyone to still communicate on 155.370. I'm not sure what happened to everyone using the talkgroups assigned as Interop channels which should have replaced 155.370 years ago. I guess they are still working on it!

When the county P25 system first went live, the analog signals into the P25 systems sounded horrible. You could definitely tell who was getting into the P25 system using an analog radio. At some point, they fixed that and today those still using analog sound just fine.

Ronaldski

MI DB Admin
Database Admin
I think this "maybe" one of those many legacy frequencies that is still out there, but no longer is used in MI and have moved to talkgroup 1204.
Current ones remaining with active licenses listed below.

I used excel and de-duped the counties from this link, 36 listed out of the 83 counties. I think non subscribers cant access it?
RRDB | FCC Data | Query - then input 155.370.

This is the fcc listing link for 155.370 current ones in MI. https://tinyurl.com/ycx2e6tz

CityCounty
ALLEGANALLEGAN
STANDISHARENAC
HASTINGSBARRY
BAY CITYBAY
BENTON HARBORBERRIEN
COLDWATERBRANCH
ALBIONCALHOUN
CASSOPOLISCASS
IRON MOUNTAINDICKINSON
SWARTZ CREEKGENESEE
GLADWINGLADWIN
BESSEMERGOGEBIC
ALMAGRATIOT
HILLSDALEHILLSDALE
LAURIUMHOUGHTON
BELDINGIONIA
CRYSTAL FALLSIRON
MOUNT PLEASANTISABELLA
JACKSONJACKSON
KALAMAZOOKALAMAZOO
GRAND RAPIDSKENT
CENTER LINEMACOMB
BIG RAPIDSMECOSTA
MENOMINEEMENOMINEE
ROCKWOODMONROE
GREENVILLEMONTCALM
MUSKEGONMUSKEGON
FARMINGTON HILLSOAKLAND
HOLLANDOTTAWA
SAGINAWSAGINAW
CORUNNASHIAWASSEE
CAROTUSCOLA
BANGORVAN BUREN
CHELSEAWASHTENAW
ALLEN PARKWAYNE

Last edited:

bkirk3434

For those wondering, I listen digitally only on my Unication G4 so that is all I have access to. Is there a way to listen to the Analog stuff on a G4?

drdispatch

What's the frequency, Kenneth?
Premium Subscriber
I think this "maybe" one of those many legacy frequencies that is still out there, but no longer is used in MI and have moved to talkgroup 1204.
Current ones remaining with active licenses listed below.

I used excel and de-duped the counties from this link, 36 listed out of the 83 counties. I think non subscribers cant access it?
RRDB | FCC Data | Query - then input 155.370.

This is the fcc listing link for 155.370 current ones in MI. https://tinyurl.com/ycx2e6tz

CityCounty
ALLEGANALLEGAN
STANDISHARENAC
HASTINGSBARRY
BAY CITYBAY
BENTON HARBORBERRIEN
COLDWATERBRANCH
ALBIONCALHOUN
CASSOPOLISCASS
IRON MOUNTAINDICKINSON
SWARTZ CREEKGENESEE
GLADWINGLADWIN
BESSEMERGOGEBIC
ALMAGRATIOT
HILLSDALEHILLSDALE
LAURIUMHOUGHTON
BELDINGIONIA
CRYSTAL FALLSIRON
MOUNT PLEASANTISABELLA
JACKSONJACKSON
KALAMAZOOKALAMAZOO
GRAND RAPIDSKENT
CENTER LINEMACOMB
BIG RAPIDSMECOSTA
MENOMINEEMENOMINEE
ROCKWOODMONROE
GREENVILLEMONTCALM
MUSKEGONMUSKEGON
FARMINGTON HILLSOAKLAND
HOLLANDOTTAWA
SAGINAWSAGINAW
CORUNNASHIAWASSEE
CAROTUSCOLA
BANGORVAN BUREN
CHELSEAWASHTENAW
ALLEN PARKWAYNE
Albion hasn't had it since at least 2008. I doubt Kalamazoo still has it. @dispatchgeek would know.

kd8ati

Feed Provider
For those wondering, I listen digitally only on my Unication G4 so that is all I have access to. Is there a way to listen to the Analog stuff on a G4?

The G4 can do both digital and analog. The problem is the bands. If you have an 800mhz one (Im assuming you do?) then you will not be able to monitor Intercity which is down on the VHF band.

Albion hasn't had it since at least 2008. I doubt Kalamazoo still has it. @dispatchgeek would know.

If the OP is in the Detroit Metro then Intercity is still commonly used as a dispatch to dispatch channel in western Wayne CO + Farmington Hills, Novi, and MSP station 20.

Thunderbolt

Global Database Administrator
If the OP is in the Detroit Metro then Intercity is still commonly used as a dispatch to dispatch channel in western Wayne CO + Farmington Hills, Novi, and MSP station 20.

A few days ago, I heard Canton, Livonia, MSP, Plymouth, Van Buren, and Wayne County Sheriff using 155.370 MHz, for a few traffic accidents, and a OUIL driver moving from one jurisdiction to another.

73's

Ron

kb8q

Premium Subscriber
A few days ago, I heard Canton, Livonia, MSP, Plymouth, Van Buren, and Wayne County Sheriff using 155.370 MHz, for a few traffic accidents, and a OUIL driver moving from one jurisdiction to another.

73's

Ron
Since Canton Twp and Livonia are 100% encrypted and every department listed in this post is on MPSCS it seems odd that they weren't using the statewide 2 TG for that purpose. Maybe just a case of old habits die hard.

Thunderbolt

Global Database Administrator
Since Canton Twp and Livonia are 100% encrypted and every department listed in this post is on MPSCS it seems odd that they weren't using the statewide 2 TG for that purpose. Maybe just a case of old habits die hard.

I have to agree with you. I can remember when 155.370 MHz was loaded with tons of radio traffic, not only from the Metro Detroit area, but neighboring states as well. While the use of this frequency has faded over the years, it's still one to listen to in the local area.

73's

Ron

kd8ati

Feed Provider

Thats kinda what it is for the veteran dispatchers where I work. Me personally I will call station 20 on statewide 2 but if I need one of those other western wayne cities I will usually do Intercity first because I feel my chances of them answering Intercity is better then with statewide 2.

kb8q

Premium Subscriber
Thats kinda what it is for the veteran dispatchers where I work. Me personally I will call station 20 on statewide 2 but if I need one of those other western wayne cities I will usually do Intercity first because I feel my chances of them answering Intercity is better then with statewide 2.
Good point