Inter county hotline

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdsxfire

EDBM
While monitoring Somerset cnty TRS I’ll hear hunterdon cnty call somerset, vice versa/ somerset cnty call Morris/ somerset call union, my question is I know Middlesex doesn’t have an true dispatch center, just the sheriffs for hazmat/Oem but do they monitor this TG for inter county ops. I know in county, Middlesex has the police hotline to put out bolos mutual aid calls etc but I’ve never heard Middlesex in the inter county hotline the other counties use

ansky

Essex County towns are very active on SPEN 1. Not sure about other parts of the state.

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
Spen 1 is a joke -

So a simplex frequency that doesn’t require a ton of infrastructure that most agencies have in their consoles is a joke ? Explain.

I’ve called on SPEN 1 numerous times and was always answered. I’ve used it in Morris, Essex, small towns in northern Jersey to NJSP Totowa. They all got me everything I ever needed. Without it, I’d have to have access to every different County’s trunked system, State’s Smartzone, NJICS, small town VHF, UHF, P25, DMR, NXDN, etc etc.

There was a time many years ago that Morris County put out a bank robbery and the County dispatcher also put it over SPEN 1. Because we happened to be monitoring, Morris got an extra 10 bodies looking for the suspect vehicle due to our task force already working in the area.

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
SPEN 1 is a must scan at all times. In the morning you do have a lot of radio checks as every station is checked. Also like usual for many many years 155.475 csq is used once in a while for Helo contact with Pennsylvania.

I'm right across from Trenton in PA.

rr60

Premium Subscriber
So a simplex frequency that doesn’t require a ton of infrastructure that most agencies have in their consoles is a joke ? Explain.

I’ve called on SPEN 1 numerous times and was always answered. I’ve used it in Morris, Essex, small towns in northern Jersey to NJSP Totowa. They all got me everything I ever needed. Without it, I’d have to have access to every different County’s trunked system, State’s Smartzone, NJICS, small town VHF, UHF, P25, DMR, NXDN, etc etc.

There was a time many years ago that Morris County put out a bank robbery and the County dispatcher also put it over SPEN 1. Because we happened to be monitoring, Morris got an extra 10 bodies looking for the suspect vehicle due to our task force already working in the area.
It’s simplicity of SPEN 1 is what makes it so so valuable. I once was on Turnpike in Middlesex County. Turnpike South calling in the blind following a severely impaired driver. Driver headed for an exit. Arriving at toll plaza and troopers had every toll lane closed with a traffic jam. Pulled guy out of the car and that was all in less than 10 minutes. I have heard Federal agencies on SPEN 1 from time to time as well. Knock it off North Bergen.

Status
Not open for further replies.