Inter-Canyon 2 159.0450 MHZ 154.8075 MHZ 203.5
Hz Narrow Inter-Canyon High Peak Tower-Repeater

Inter-Canyon Tactical 159.3075 MHZ 155.8575 MHZ 203.5
Hz Narrow Inter-Canyon Khuester Tower-Repeater

Inter-Canyon Simplex 151.4300 MHZ PL
Off Narrow Inter-Canyon Car to Car 1

Inter-Canyon Simplex 154.8075 MHZ PL
Off Narrow Inter-Canyon Car to Car 2

They are in negoiations with Indian Hills to use same frequencies and add the IH repeater to the above, DTRS use is only 6 portables for both depts so it is limited use on FIRE-SW.

Jim<

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
MikeyB said:
So they're not on DTRS?

Nope and never have been that applies to most of those foothills depts Elk Creek, InterCanyon, Indian Hills, North Fork, etc.

800Mhz digital radios are just too expensive to equipt all the volunteers with.

Jim<

evilklown

i am still get the hang of the scanning so if i wanted to listen to them frequncy's, i couldnt listen with my dgital scanner the pro-96 or can i? if not what scanner lets you listen to non 800 mhz. thanks.

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
evilklown said:
i am still get the hang of the scanning so if i wanted to listen to them frequncy's, i couldnt listen with my dgital scanner the pro-96 or can i? if not what scanner lets you listen to non 800 mhz. thanks.

You certainly could monitor those with your Pro-96 but might be a little far away for the simplex ones.

Jim<

Foothills Fire Departments

As stated before, the concern of the departments in the foothills has been the tendancy to go "digital" in critical situations on the state system. Bring your chair to Evergeen Lake, take in the view, don't forget your radio, and tell me I'm wrong.

Last edited:

greenthumb

Colorado DB Administrator
Database Admin
cstockmyer said:
Any chance these maybe added to the database?

I'll get 'em in, but i'm not familiar where a lot of these small volunteer fire agencies are - what county do these need to go in?

evilklown

jimmnn said:
You certainly could monitor those with your Pro-96 but might be a little far away for the simplex ones.

Jim<
is it the same as programing the digital.. were you need control channels to use the frequncy or is it set up differnt? i was going to also ask you what you ment by that it might be a little far away for the simplex ones? is it better to set up another scanner for the non digital so you dont start getting confused with digital and non digital on one. can you mabey give me away how you personally have it set up for easy and non confusing way.
Thanks

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
evilklown said:
is it the same as programing the digital.. were you need control channels to use the frequncy or is it set up differnt? i was going to also ask you what you ment by that it might be a little far away for the simplex ones? is it better to set up another scanner for the non digital so you dont start getting confused with digital and non digital on one. can you mabey give me away how you personally have it set up for easy and non confusing way.
Thanks

OK deep breath. Simplex channels don't utilize a repeater so are often much shorter in coverage distance, there are primarily used for on-scene operations such as fire ground channels.

Assuming you use win96 to program your Pro-96 you will see on the screen that programming a conventional channel versus a trunked one is completely different. No control channel is needed for the conventional ones just the channel itself and possibly the pl as well.

Digital and non digital can be mixed on one radio or seperated on different radios that's mainly personal preference.

I always recommend Phil's convenential and trunked files p96 files available at www.radiohacker.com they are an excellent source of beginning programming information or to provide you with a basic programming template to start with.

Jim<

MikeyB

jimmnn said:
Nope and never have been that applies to most of those foothills depts Elk Creek, InterCanyon, Indian Hills, North Fork, etc.

800Mhz digital radios are just too expensive to equipt all the volunteers with.

Jim<

That is very true about the radios, but I thought some had put the digital radios only on the trucks, so you would hear the volunteers on VHF and the units on DTRS.

Anyways, for a breakdown on Jeffco, whick of the volunteer agencies are on DTRS?

Foothills, Highland Rescue, Pleasant View, Edgewater I hear on DTRS. What about Golden Gate?

evilklown

jimmnn said:
OK deep breath. Simplex channels don't utilize a repeater so are often much shorter in coverage distance, there are primarily used for on-scene operations such as fire ground channels.

Assuming you use win96 to program your Pro-96 you will see on the screen that programming a conventional channel versus a trunked one is completely different. No control channel is needed for the conventional ones just the channel itself and possibly the pl as well.

Digital and non digital can be mixed on one radio or seperated on different radios that's mainly personal preference.

I always recommend Phil's convenential and trunked files p96 files available at www.radiohacker.com they are an excellent source of beginning programming information or to provide you with a basic programming template to start with.

Jim<
Thanks Jim i understand now.

greenthumb

Colorado DB Administrator
Database Admin
These frequencies have been worked in to Jefferson County.

Out of curiosity, how big of an agency (personnel, district) is this? I'm curious because they have three repeaters and two simplex channels and that seems like a lot for a volunteer agency.

Last edited:

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
greenthumb said:
These frequencies have been worked in to Jefferson County.

Out of curiosity, how big of an agency (personnel, district) is this? I'm curious because they have three repeaters and two simplex channels and that seems like a lot for a volunteer agency.

Just a small 200 call per/year volunteer fire dept. But they might share them with another even smaller volunteer 100 call per/year dept.

Jim<

jimmnn said:
Just a small 200 call per/year volunteer fire dept. But they might share them with another even smaller volunteer 100 call per/year dept.

Jim<

Deep breath done. There are several rural fire departments serving a given geographic area in the foothills west and both north and south of Denver. Foothills Fire is in Genessee, Inter-Canyon is along South Turkey Creek, and beyond, . These folks have been VHF, and I still hear them as such, but have confirmed transition to digital, at leasst in the case of Inter-Canyon, others likely to follow. They are very active. Worth listening to if the sites reach your area.

Last edited:

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
evergreenwaterman said:
Deep breath done. There are several rural fire departments serving a given geographic area in the foothills west and both north and south of Denver. Foothills Fire is in Genessee, Inter-Canyon is along South Turkey Creek, and beyond, . These folks have been VHF, and I still hear them as such, but have confirmed transition to digital, at leasst in the case of Inter-Canyon, others likely to follow. They are very active. Worth listening to if the sites reach your area.

Might want to check your sources, why would Inter-Canyon and Indian Hills invest in four new VHF's freqs if they are moving to DTRS? DTRS will remain in the mobiles but the overall operation for both of those depts will remain on VHF, each member will not be issued a $4,000 portable.

Jim<

Status
Not open for further replies.