interesting analog frequencies

DonTrinko

Any interesting frequencies for a analog scanner? I have local paging for fire and EMS and several air band programed in.
I live in Hancock county N.W Ohio. thanks; Don

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
All analog frequencies are interesting if you like listening to them. Just check the radio reference and FCC database and you find them, or better yet just put your scanner in search mode.

DonTrinko

we do have trains a few blocks away. the trick is to find what frequencies they are using. If i am near my scanner and i hear the train horn i plan to check the frequency . thanks; don

scannersnstuff

When I lived in the northeast,there were so many vhf/uhf frequencies. Here in the south, mostly everything is trunked,with some being encrypted. I needed about 4 scanners/pagers/2 ways to keep up. Here, 1 or 2 do everything. I've gone into search. Very few vhf/uhf frequencies. I am pessimistic about our police/fire going encrypted,with a new system. I have been trying to find alternatives. My primary interest is still public safety. I am thinking of getting my amateur ticket though.

chrismol1

P25 TruCking!
How about aircraft?
I second this. Not only your local towers or terminal or center controllers but other interesting frequencies such as 123.450 typical air to air- and over Ohio, 129.400 and 129.450 ARINC. Sometimes they'll use that instead of satellite phone for all kinds of things including a medical emergency

scannersnstuff

I am good with civil/milair. I listen to my local tower,at a small airport about 5 mile's away. Business class jet's, Cessnas etc. We do get a fairly constant stream of uscg sikorskys and medevac helo's.