Interesting comms on 260.475

brandon

Database Admin
Hearing some interesting comms on 260.475 from the CONUS satellite. Talking about carrying out police search, mention of photos, videos and drone. One gave a position which put them in the Darien National Park on the Colombia and Panama border. One of the units sounds digital almost like this is being patched from another system - has that classic digital voice sound. Callsigns include Copán, Pulpo, Mammoth, Aquiles and Jerónimo. All the traffic is in Spanish.

brandon

Database Admin
They were active again yesterday and got a big clue when one of them said, "Copán, le confirmo la salida en el Black Hawk, en el UH-60 PNC 0625"

Translation: Copán, I confirm the departure in the Black Hawk, in the UH-60 PNC-0625.

That particular Blackhawk belongs to the Colombian National Police.

p1879

Interesting catch. Added that frequency, and twice now I have heard brief conversations in Portuguese. Perhaps the infamous Brazilian Pirates.

You have me interested now. Years ago I listened to MIR, but never SATCOM.

p1879

The Colombians are back on this downlink this morning, some radio checks and a mention of "helicoptero". While one operator was talking it sounded like a NCO was yelling in the background.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Was this in response to the missing children?
The Colombians are back on this downlink this morning, some radio checks and a mention of "helicoptero". While one operator was talking it sounded like a NCO was yelling in the background.

Apparently not related to the plane crash and search for children, since they have been found.

brandon

Database Admin
Activity has been regular on this freq for the past several months. I suspect it might be related to some of the counter-guerilla operations happening in the Putumayo. They give coordinates which put it exactly there along the borders of Colombia, Peru and Ecuador. Some of the unit callsigns include: Moldavia ##, Rangún ## and Canadá ##

Another freq to watch is 262.125, but I don't believe it's in the same region of Colombia. But it's definitely military in nature. I heard units conducting an early morning operation a few days ago. Plenty of whispering, talk of hiding in the brush along a road and avoiding detection - very interesting traffic to say the least.