Interesting Disney Frequencies website

Status
Not open for further replies.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
It's a shame it recommends Strong Signals which hasn't been updated in a LONG time (I know, I used to write for that website). I wonder just how accurate all those listings are?

73 Mike

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
I wonder if Disney security or better yet, Disney Intelligence knows about this,

I think they would know if Disneyland somehow got moved to Florida ;)

Also note the first line on that website: "Our retired guide on visiting the park. For current info, see Park Updates: Disneyland" The frequencies in that post haven't been touched since 2001. So even if you go to California, these probably won't help much...

Last edited:

FLRAILMAN

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Interesting Disney frequencies website

Okay rdale, you got me, Although technically I never mentioned which one, however I think Mouse 1 gave it away. Disney Land, Disney World, let's just say I had a senior moment, Wait, oh is this the Florida forum? I was looking for the California forum, moderator please relocate this post.

Walt Disney World Resort - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Disneyland Resort - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

World: Florida
Land: California
Okay, I got it now.

FLRAILMAN

n2hbx

Premium Subscriber
There are a few discrete UHF frequencies in use in the park, mostly for parade and music synchronization and data for pyrotechnics control. There is still some UHF stuff in the hotels (if you understand Spanish or Haitian). Also some wireless mike stuff. Most everything else is NextHell or the RCFD ASTRO 25 system.

Larry

Last edited:

radiomanNJ1

Disney itself uses their specialized nextel system. The employees have a special nextel. The old UHF channels are not in service.

Reedy Creek Improvement which runs the Reedy Creek Fire Dept. has an 800 mhz system in which they encrypt their APCO 25 modulation. They do not work for Disney. They are the government arm for the area in and around Disneyworld. They deannexed Celebration some years ago.

You will not listen to much on the radio while at Disney other than 500 people trying to talk on their FRS radios on the same channel in multiple languages.

cwerntz

Disney gone Nextel (WDW)

Just returned from WDW, almost everyone in the parks had a Nextel-looking (largeish cell phone) on their belt with an earphone in their ear. Seems that there were both direct calls to individuals (heard some ring and saw them answered like a cell phone), and also messages broadcast to the cast messages via the ear phones (parade delayed, shows cancelled for WX, etc.)

We used both 2-meter simplex and the WDW 440 repeater (442.000) in the parks with good coverage. There are areas with an awful lot of desense, making recieve difficult. Would not use FRS there on a dare (way too many radios around, but not as many as I saw 6 years ago when not so many folks had cell phones.)

Did not attempt monitoring, too busy enjoying parks with family!

Rover

Living in the Orlando metro area, I go to Disney parks quite often. When bored I will scan with various radios, I have picked up parade coms in the UHF range with close call, otherwise all I get is the U.N. all talking at once on FRS/GRMS frequencies. I have searched the 900 mhz bands and heard nothing but digital data and noise. I have picked up wireless mics inthe 180- 200 mhz range with stage comms. The 138-174 mhz range revealed nothing but the regular local activity. Just my 2 cents...
73 Rover

b52hbuff

Premium Subscriber
I was the author of this article...

DISNEYLAND INFORMATION GUIDE - Scanning the Land

I can say that many of the 174-214 frequencies aren't active. If you want a better idea of what is currently active in the conventional frequencies, check out this thread:
http://forums.radioreference.com/ca...te-disneyland-scanner-profile.html#post119548

And check out the UASD files (which are comma delimited text files) and see what 400MHz frequencies have replaced the 200MHz ones. If also has the tones for the WDI channel.

Status
Not open for further replies.