Interesting find for Clayton County GA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

wise871

Database Admin
Yep, I'm back in Atlanta again. I spent the day hanging out in Clayton County with my HP-1, 996XT and 396XT. I found a park close to the main SO office to listen to traffic. Today I discovered that Police and Sheriff appear to be dispatched from the same dispatch center. It also appears that SO and PD radios are configured the same because they were using channel numbers a lot. Here is what I have so far backed by hours of audio recording.

Clayton County Law-enforcement

155.05500 **107.2 PL Sheriff Dispatch Main Ch.1 (Dispatch)
158.89500 **107.2 PL Sheriff or Police Ch.2
151.32500 **203.5 PL Police North District 1 Ch.4 (Dispatch)
150.99500 **107.2 PL Police South District 2 Ch.6 (Dispatch)

Sheriff units stayed mainly on ch.1 and were ID as SO XXX (Unit Number). There was also non SO unit number used on Ch.1.

There was a bunch of activity today were units were responding all over the place and switching to different channels. Also found out they use the input channel as talk-around (simplex). One last note. Ch.1 one which is used by primarily by SO is quite at night but busy during the day.

Just wanted to report my findings.

CapStar362

well being i lived in Clayton for 11 years, till late last year, i knew they use the same building for all Fire/PD/So/EMS Dispatching and E911 Call Center. i've seen the inside, know that it is a old Tornado Shelter for the Clayton Gov Annex, and uses the same room for all the dispatchers.... need i go on?

i thought i had a picture of the center which is a low profile, flat roof building that stands no more than about 8-10 feet above the ground it sits on, because it is halfway underground as it once was a tornado shelter

( if this happened ) sorry to bust your bubble on your find....

Here is the Center and its connected Tower Control room on Google earth attached to the post

Attachments

• Clayton E911.jpg
    Clayton E911.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 401
Last edited:

wise871

Database Admin
( if this happened ) sorry to bust your bubble on your find....

CapStar362
Any additional information or corrections is always welcomed. Since you were there for 11 years maybe you can help clear things up. After listening to a solid week of recordings thanks to the HomePatrol recording 24/7 I did correctly ID the channel numbers. Channels 4 and 6 are clearly North and South PD. Channel 1 is used by SO and possibly another local agency. All SO units identified themselves as SO 34, SO 35, etc. Other units on Ch.1 just used 3 or 4 digit unit numbers. The channel they use as 2 is a mixture of unit numbers not heard on 1, 4 or 6 but cover mainly the center and north end of the county. All 4 channels are used for dispatched. Can you add some light to the lineup??

Thanks
Dan

CapStar362

wow, at first i thought i was going to be getting PM's from you busting my bubble!!!! LOL

well i do know this: they routinely change their ID's. usually every 2-3 months just to keep us listeners and those wannabe crooks guessing to which unit is which.

i know about channels 4 and 6, and if im not mistaken 6 is south and 4 is north. 3 is the jail but you can only hear that within like 1/2 a mile of the Justice Center, i was not too far from it ( about a mile ) and sometimes i could pick up jail activities. Channel 7 is outright encrypted, but i do have the freq. ( 158.940 ) this is the SWAT, Gang and Drugs channel, and sometimes used to relay personal info when phones were not a option.

the only other thing that i know is that EMS and fire use a different set of channels, but is still dispatched from the same room. i even know two of the dispatchers! the dispatchers rotate shifts and positions daily, so that they do not get the same shift or position within a week.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.