Interesting freqs while driving from Portland to Seattle to Vancouver?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FurrySeaCoral

We are driving from Southern California to Whistler BC to attend some of the Winter Olympic events. We will drive from Portland OR to Seattle WA along the way. I just got a Uniden 396XT and started filling it up using the RadioReference database, trunked digital and conventional. On this Washington stretch of drive, are there any particular must-listen, active and interesting freqs where I should turn off my car stereo and turn on the scanner and have some fun with the scanner?

K7CAR

We have a ton of good stuff to listen too. From marine-military. Too much to list. Here's a link to a post of Olympic frequencies that should get you lots a listening when you get close to the border. Intercept Radio Forums • View topic - Winter Olympics Radio Frequency Thread

Check out the Intercept database you'll find it's far better for WA state and BC. If you're interested in aviation, Boeing is doing first flight testing of the 787's and the new 747 800-F on 123.325 That can be interesting to listen too. You can hear them through out W.WA when they are flying.

Status
Not open for further replies.