Interesting Intercept 155.475

Status
Not open for further replies.

wb0wao

Yesterday evening I monitored a quick two way conversation between a couple of unidentified units on this frequency. The location they gave was within a couple of miles of my location and while I will not go into the specifics of the conversation - I could tell that..

a) They were not from around here.
b) They were on "official business".
c) They mentioned a piece of equipment that I know our local agencies do not have.

I have no idea who they were, but I found it "interesting" that they were using a supposed mutual aid frequency for tactical operations and/or routine traffic. One station was quite strong and the other was just barely noise quieting. Another good reason to monitor the statewide/nationwide mutual aid frequencies.

Dennis

signal500

K4DPS
Premium Subscriber
Yesterday evening I monitored a quick two way conversation between a couple of unidentified units on this frequency. The location they gave was within a couple of miles of my location and while I will not go into the specifics of the conversation - I could tell that..

a) They were not from around here.
b) They were on "official business".
c) They mentioned a piece of equipment that I know our local agencies do not have.

I have no idea who they were, but I found it "interesting" that they were using a supposed mutual aid frequency for tactical operations and/or routine traffic. One station was quite strong and the other was just barely noise quieting. Another good reason to monitor the statewide/nationwide mutual aid frequencies.

Dennis

FYI, the FBI has that frequency in there radios.

mjthomas59

Come a little closer to Saint Louis and you will learn why we all block it out. The yelling of "District 11 units, DWI, blah blah blah" gets really annoying. Apparently Illinois State Police simulcast on that frequency for pursuits, reports of vehicles believed to be DWI, pursuits, reckless driving... If they would just limit it to the interesting stuff, pursuits and and what not, it would be way better.

But instead they put it all on there, and I just hit the "delete" button on my scan list for that channel. However, in Missouri it can be useful when involving the MSHP in any type of a call. That is about the only channel I can honestly say is programmed into every LEO radio, with the exceptions of those that use the 700/800mhz. In those cases you get what Illinois does, and they simulcast with full power for the whole midwest to hear.

firedispatch

Come a little closer to Saint Louis and you will learn why we all block it out. The yelling of "District 11 units, DWI, blah blah blah" gets really annoying. Apparently Illinois State Police simulcast on that frequency for pursuits, reports of vehicles believed to be DWI, pursuits, reckless driving... If they would just limit it to the interesting stuff, pursuits and and what not, it would be way better.

QUOTE]
so what yur saying you dont like Law Mut adi i work for osage the skip here is awfull but comical (i love iron county mmmm10-4 )

Starcom21

IL /MO/Global DB Adm!n
Database Admin
so what yur saying you dont like Law Mut adi i work for osage the skip here is awfull but comical (i love iron county mmmm10-4 )

Um, check your spelling please, Hard to read and understand what you are saying.

If you have a Newer Uniden scanner, you can use Tone Lock Out on 155.37 and 155.475 with a 67.0 PL lockout to get rid of ISP "crap" if you don't want to hear it.

Status
Not open for further replies.