Interesting licensing conflict on FCC License Search.

Status
Not open for further replies.

NS9710

I noticed that under Dinwiddie County. Vulcan rock plant has two licenses but all details in the license are identical. Is this normal?

N6JPA

A Ham Radio Operator With too much frequency.
I noticed that under Dinwiddie County. Vulcan rock plant has two licenses but all details in the license are identical. Is this normal?
Did you check the emission mode? Sometimes a licensee may have two license for one frequency and have different modes or base type. Otherwise it is a double licensing for one frequency.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
FRN is different. Who knows, businesses do weird things sometimes. Definitely not the norm.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Those licenses have two different FRN numbers, also WPWE982 was issued in 2012, they requested a modification or new tower that appears was not completed in time and had to apply for a new grant. Looks like when that happened someone screwed up and filed for a new everything including FRN, as well as getting the new grant under the old FRN. Like @GTR8000 said not the norm, just a screw up.

ecps92

Random notes from reviewing these two licenses.
Two different FRN's. - surprised the Coordinator and/or Radio shop didn't catch that, only need one.

Going to [WAG] guess a Rookie at the Coordinator double billed and filed a renewal and new license application within months of each other.

Not normal, but not out of the ordinary

WPWE982 & WRHF242

nd5y

Two different FRN's. - surprised the Coordinator and/or Radio shop didn't catch that, only need one.
My city has three FRNs and the county has four. That's what can happen when you have different companies at different times handling radio licensing.

ecps92

Yes, that does make sense, One for Fire, One for Police, One for DPW etc

Way back when I handle the EMA licenses for an agency, we had our own FRN and the Fire , Police theirs.
Others have one agency doing it all.
My city has three FRNs and the county has four. That's what can happen when you have different companies at different times handling radio licensing.

N4VKF

Premium Subscriber
In the ham radio world as a VE we make the point that each applicant or upgrade use the correct FRN if they have one. No need to get a new one if they already have one. I helps to make the FCC processing efficient.

Status
Not open for further replies.