Interesting listening on MAC 21

Status
Not open for further replies.

ErikB

Feed Provider
Not sure why I am hearing this in Gunnison, but MAC 21 is providing me with some interesting listening tonight. I am thinking this is like DEA? Anyone else listening in?

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
Not sure why I am hearing this in Gunnison, but MAC 21 is providing me with some interesting listening tonight. I am thinking this is like DEA? Anyone else listening in?

Yes a little multi agency drug searching along I-25, they started using Mac-1 at the beginning but Mac-21 is the "statewide" MAC channel after all and all it takes is one radio set to it off the control channel site(s) you are monitoring from.

Jim<

ErikB

Feed Provider
Yea, sounds like they are tailing a guy down to Pueblo, wonder if it has anything to do with the "unique" meth lab. Interesting the identify themselves by first name and not a call sign. I am not used to hearing traffic like this, do you think it is DEA?

04Z1V6

This started weeks ago with large amounts talked about from time to time. When in north metro they had up to ten cars working up to three targets.

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
Interesting they continue to be ITC on a statewide MAC channel. We are at least hearing in Pitkin, Gunnison & Pueblo Counties and most of the front range.

Jim<

04Z1V6

Jim I have heard the same names for the officers involved on multiple "MAC'S" north and south metro DTF and metro net so they are covering a large area of frequency also, it may not have been metro net but it was the Aurora mutual system that sounds like crap when they use it.

ErikB

Feed Provider
I have counted 7 radio ID's so far, this guy must be part of something big. Think this is heading for a bust, or just intelligence gathering??

dracer777

Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16)

ErikB said:
Interesting they continue to be ITC on a statewide MAC channel. We are at least hearing in Pitkin, Gunnison & Pueblo Counties and most of the front range.

Jim<

ITC= in the clear, ie. not encrypted?

I could be wrong, however, I believe encryption is forbidden on MACs. Because if one agency has encryption and the other doesn't, you have an issue.

nathancarlson

I like that encyrption is forbidden on MACs. I have noticed US Martial activity around town (not radio traffic just have seen them in person) so maybe they are involeved somehow too if its a fugitive they are hunting down. Who knows. Were the radio IDs similar to any others you monitor, or are they really different from those in the area? I noticed a lot of agencies have the first three numbers the same in a lot of IDs.

Status
Not open for further replies.