Pro-96: Interesting Observation No.2 - WS1080 vs OLD OLD Pro96

Status
Not open for further replies.

JD21960

Premium Subscriber
Another short video showing the OLD OLD Pro96 actually getting P25 Digital simulcast talkgroups with NO ANTENNA while the WS1080 sits silent again* Using it outside in the car worked even better while the WS1080 even had the benefit of the FAMED RS800Mhz antenna and failed to receive P25 Digital Simulcast as it advertised it could. When I want to hear things? I always use the Pro96 and Unication G5 Pagers. Never the WS1080.

JD21960

Premium Subscriber
Bought this in 2014 when Whistler took over all the old stock of GRE PSR800s ... slapped a "WHISTLER" sticker on the front and sold them with NO serial numbers on them. I have none on mine but we were assured at the time then it wouldn't be a problem if warranty issues came up for repairs. It works for Conventional (Objects) although the volume has no gain and is worthless in the car. It works for DMR local and that's it.
These were advertised as getting P25 Digital Simulcast etc. Rarely works. I tried it in 20 different IL Counties along with the Pro96. Pro96 the old OLD scanner beat it hands-down. YOU would THINK that in over a decade ... they'd make a better product in 2014. Nope. That is what prompted me to buy a Unication G5 Pager ... it just works. I won't be beating this dead horse anymore because it doesn't matter, It's just that I found it surprising people get so butt-hurt like they're protecting some (Religion) of something when you criticize a bad product based on observations and experience. BTW ... it's set up correctly for everything, I help people set theirs up before. You ARE right though ... the entire radio IS defective in my opinion. I was willing to look at the Whistler TRX100 and 200 .. but they dumped that idea. So happy with Pro96 and Unication now.

Status
Not open for further replies.