Interesting pick up of a signal

Status
Not open for further replies.

skybug

Premium Subscriber
Today at lunch I was in close call mode and picked up some comms on a different frequency out of the normal range of the common ones. Was listening to 418.6250 P25, coming in somewhat strong but the P25 was distorted now and then but heard about 95% of it. Sounded like they were following someone. Thoughts of what I was picking up? DEA perhaps? From what some of the street names I heard, sounded like in the Boston area.

skybug

Premium Subscriber
I was in CC mode and not sure if it showed or not but going to program it in now and monitor it for full screen info and will post then.

Hooligan

Try monitoring 409.625/P25 for a while. In many areas, including mine, 418.625MHz is now an input freq for systems following the newish convention of using +9MHz offsets for standalone repeaters & trunked systems in the 406-420 spectrum.

ecps92

What NAC is being used in your area ??

Depending on which agency, many are still NON NTIA compliant and still using the old inputs vs the +9
and even then, some agencies have exemptions due to interference and/or other operationally related requests

Example - Dept of State still uses 407.2000 as the input to 409.6250

Try monitoring 409.625/P25 for a while. In many areas, including mine, 418.625MHz is now an input freq for systems following the newish convention of using +9MHz offsets for standalone repeaters & trunked systems in the 406-420 spectrum.

skybug

Premium Subscriber
Locked on this one freq since last and all day, not one hit. Back to scanning.

ecps92

You won't hear much on that one in New England, on this one [This region uses 409.5250]
and in this region it is SIMPLEX, so right at the event.

But with John Forbes "Trust Fund" Kerry no longer the Secretary of State and
No College Graduations, Speeches and other events [due to COVID] you may need to wait till May/June 2022

Another resource besides the RR Wiki and RR DB is

Locked on this one freq since last and all day, not one hit. Back to scanning.

Status
Not open for further replies.