Interesting Skip...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kg6nlw

Railroad & Ham Radio Extrodinare
Premium Subscriber
I'm in the Sonoma County area, but I'm possibly hearing the input for Lake Almanor Fire in Plumas County.

My antenna is maybe 8 feet off the ground. I've heard the chatter here and there, it's on 153.770Mhz with a PL of 110.9 which links to the Lake Almanor Fire District, but that is also the output for REDCOM Fire Tac 1 here in Sonoma County. What I'm hearing doesn't sound like fire related traffic but radio tech traffic. Around 0715 on June 24th (today) they were talking about bringing a computer up to a site and to bring the Lithium-Ion batteries, not the NiCad ones as they weren't holding a charge!

Any thoughts...Skip or...? I programmed up the other scanner for the "output" of Lake Almanor to see if I hear the traffic there at the same time. It's been silent since that last transmission...

EDIT: I checked my scanner programming and that is the simplex output for Mendocino County - Anderson Valley Tactical as well, which is what I have it programmed as, Mendo A AVF...

Regards,

-Frank C.

ramal121

Lots and lots of watts
Premium Subscriber
Yes my records show Anderson Valley with a PL of 110.9. I believe they have a remote base on Sanel which goes south very well, skip or not.

kg6nlw

Railroad & Ham Radio Extrodinare
Premium Subscriber
Thanks! I used RR's database for downloads. Not sure why the DB doesn't show the 110.9 PL.

Regards,

-Frank C.

Alain

Tropo Ducting

Hands down the best website for current and future ducting/inversion conditions is Bill Hepburn's site:

DX Info Centre

The blue, center panel is for propagation, tropo and ionospheric skip. Each shows a map for your given area of the country, or wherever you happen to be on the globe.

In the left hand corner is a drop down menu to "select region". Once you've done that, place your cursor on the map; you can then continuously click your mouse to view how tropo expands/contracts in your area. The color chart across the top page indicates its intensity.

Hope this helps.

Alain

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.