SDS100/SDS200: Interesting temp SDS 100

Status
Not open for further replies.

TedTobias

My Buddy received his SDS 100 yesterday and has been running it ever since. One thing I noticed it does not get hot? Mine gets warm his stays very cool to the touch. Did Uniden change something?

Thanks
Theodore

TedTobias

Also I forgot how long does it take to charge maybe its cool because its not charging and what should the voltage Be set too right now its 3500?

Thanks
Theodore

Ubbe

The scanner normally draws more current than the battery can be charged with. A fully charged battery usually can power the scanner for up to 6-7 hours but a full charging will take 10 hours or longer.

Try to power from the micro USB jack instead of the mini USB jack. It seems to run cooler, even when you do not have it set to charge while it is powered on.

/Ubbe

TedTobias

Well my buddy some how unplug it!,, plug it back in light turn green and was working fine still no heat mine gets hot or warm. His is cold Ubbe what is that other plug for did not know you could charge from it perhaps I’ll try it on mine Thanks so Much!

Thanks So Much!
Theodore

wtp

battery age ?
even if new they could be older than you think.
the wife used to charge her 396XT with the batteries in it.
it went fine for many months, until....she picked it up one night and said it was "hot"
it was warmer than normal, but she had not felt heat before.
so that ended the "cook them in the oven" style of charging them.
so her radio in now in the cycle of external charging that i do.
new = cool
aged = warmer
could too old = hot ?
show your math.

TedTobias

Well went over all charged up running 5 Agency’s and ice then came home mines warm the cool on is two days old mines over a year what gives did Uniden put a cooling fan in his. I even checked with my heat gun I live in Florida his is 72 degrees mine is 88 degrees. What gives? I’m jealous. Is there a new download update?

Status
Not open for further replies.