• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Interesting things one learns..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cowman

Keying up my CB on any channel causes green lines to go through my TV and my voice to come out over my stereo.

:p

Guess it's only about 10' away even though I put the antenna out the window. Kinda cool.

car2back

lol, If I key my 5watt VHF portable near my front window, my motion activated security light comes on!

CLB

I key off the 2m and it makes the computer speakers pop. TV flickers too. Once I was talking to my wife from about 5 miles away w/ a CB, and heard my stepson come into the room and repeat everything I had said. My voice was coming in over his television speakers. Didn't believe him until I heard it for myself haha.

I heard a story once about Bubba and the automatic carwash. Just drove the truck in, keyed up the amped CB and the machine started washing.

Status
Not open for further replies.