Interesting traffic on 49.95 Mhz

Status
Not open for further replies.

thillery

On Sat., 21 MAR afternoon around 1530 HRS local, I was listening to the scanner in my vehicle when it stopped on 49.95 Mhz (US Army helo) intermittently. The transmissions kept breaking up as I was driving through town, and I kept trying to find a place to pull over and lock on to the signal, but no joy. Basically I heard the following from a male voice:

"....large tractor trailer with yellow..."
"...heavy machine guns..."
"...target vehicle is stopped..."

I picked up brief snippets of another station answering the other signal, but didn't catch any more from either once I got home. This was monitored using a Radio Shack scanner with a simple wide-band luggage mount antenna in north central NC, about 25 miles from Clarksville VA. Anybody else catch the rest of the traffic, or have any ideas what it might've been?

DixieT

Premium Subscriber
49.95 MHz user

I live in Guilford County and for over 2 years have been hearing the NC Air Guard Helo's
on 49.95 MHz. They use to assist various Police and SO's with Air Drug growing Ops.
(POT) patches.

Hope this helps

Troy

thillery

Standard FM...49.95 Mhz. The anti-drug operations make sense, but with what little I was able to hear, it sounded like they either had a large vehicle of interest that they were surveilling or attempting to stop. The mention of heavy machine guns caught my attention, but the rest of the trasnmissions were broken and sporadic.

welshtorg

Premium Subscriber
The Spec Forces are supposed to be running a Robin Sage exercise in the Sandhills area of NC....You may have heard of Robin Sage before....That's the exercise where Special Forces Candidates have to "infaltrate" a "foreign" land and train the locals....Two SF guys were killed by a deputy a few years ago when the deputy stopped them for speeding....The SF guys thought the deputy was part of the role play exercise and tried to disarm him...How'd that go??? Not too good....Sheriff's Office 2, US Army Green Berets, 0....

Status
Not open for further replies.