interesting UHF freqs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jminnic3

I have a Kenwood TK-380 I use for work and i have the ability to program it and i was wondering if there were any interesting frequencies to listen to.

Thanks

Drafin

We'd probably need a location to help ya out. And a little more info as to what you are looking to monitor like public safety or something else.

Draf

jminnic3

I'm in the UNC Charlotte area, I guess public safety or anything that anybody finds interesting, i'll take any suggestions really.

thanks

trumpetman

Database Admin
There's really not that much UHF in the area. Most everything is on 800 trunking now with a VERY few channels simulcast on VHF. The only UHF local is UNC Charlotte & cab companies. There are a few neighboring counties that have UHF for PS, but it might be a bit of a stretch trying to pull them in on a portable, (Gaston, Union, Iredell, etc).

Mick

There are 479 FCC licenses for frqs between 450-470 MHz in Mecklenburg County.

Go here:
Site / Frequency Query

In the "Freq" boxes type in 450 in the "Begin" box and 470 in the "End" box, then click on "Submit Query" in the lower left corner of the page to get the licensee and frq info.

You will see info for City of Charlotte, Charlotte PD, and Univ. of NC for example.

Status
Not open for further replies.