Interference and/or noise on voice channels, Brantford and Cayuga

Status
Not open for further replies.

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
I have noticed over the past few weeks that there seems to be some sort of noise,a chopping sound on one of the v/channels. It sort of sounds like a clap and it is persistent.

Maybe the weather? Perhaps it is something around me? I havent seen or noticed anything going in my area and my antennas are safely inside and warm.

There aren't many of us who monitor this area who post here, Matt and Jason are the sherrifs on the counties out there :)

mbstone99

I have noticed over the past few weeks that there seems to be some sort of noise,a chopping sound on one of the v/channels. It sort of sounds like a clap and it is persistent.

Maybe the weather? Perhaps it is something around me? I havent seen or noticed anything going in my area and my antennas are safely inside and warm.

There aren't many of us who monitor this area who post here, Matt and Jason are the sherrifs on the counties out there :)

I haven't noticed anything while listening to Brantford, Cayuga or the Simcoe towers the past week or so.

Matt

Inssomniak

My scanner feed for OPP listens to the Cayuga tower and nothing noticed or reported by any users.

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BB10; Kbd) AppleWebKit/537.10+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/10.1.0.1483 Mobile Safari/537.10+)

Interesting.

It appears only on either Cayuga and Brantford and most noticeable on analog comms.

I am guessing then, that it is local interference on my end, lots of cell towers on the buildings next to us.

Status
Not open for further replies.