Interference on SnoCo Trunking is it NEXTEL?

Status
Not open for further replies.

igregg

When listening to Snohomish County Trunking, there are areas that predictably I will get a high level of interference – enough to overload my receiver, and knock out any trunked transmissions I happen to be listening to at that point. Regular VHF signals will get thru just fine, only impacts 800mhz.

As an example on 164th ST SW between I-5 and Bothell-Everett HWY, this will happen at roughly both Larch Way and North Road intersections. While on Bothell-Everett HWY, there are spots where this will happen to me as well (don’t know the cross streets off hand).

I have three mobile scanners that get basically the same results (Uniden BC-345XT, Radio Shack Pro-95 and Pro-97)….. and I’ve noticed this for over a year now - it's not new.

Is it NEXTEL? Does this impact service radios as well? Will rebanding fix this someday?

Quite annoying… would love to know exactly what this is.
Thanks

rodentkj

Feed Provider
In my case I find that the high tension power lines really cause a lot of interfence when I'm around them. For example the area of Hwy 99 and Airport road. And Muk Speedway between Harbor Pt Blvd and Paine Field Blvd is bad too. All of my scanners are Uniden and all have the same interference issues.

My fire district has some huge towers that run through. And just like in Snohomish Co. I see the same issues there when I'm close to the lines.

Our Motorola portables we use to talk to ValleyCom do not have this issue however. The lines do not seem to effect them in any way. Not surprising however.

My 2 cents worth.

DickH

In my case I find that the high tension power lines really cause a lot of interfence when I'm around them. ...
Our Motorola portables we use to talk to ValleyCom do not have this issue however. The lines do not seem to effect them in any way. Not surprising however.

Yes, we have similar spots around Portland. When driving along certain streets, my scanner will just go silent for several blocks, while my Motorola is still blasting away. I guess that's the difference between a $200 radio and a $3000 radio. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.