interference over voice transmission

Status
Not open for further replies.

blueangel-eric

Feed Provider

zz0468

QRT
Banned
Not 100% certain, but do you have a computer nearby? Try turning it off.

Last edited:

fineshot1

blueangel-eric said:
I now here some kind of buzzing sound almost like morse code cover up a voice signal from Osage county sheriff in KS 453.950.
here's a link to what it sounds like.
http://rapidshare.com/files/103460778/interference_over_voice_transmission.mp3.html

anyone know what that is? It's been going on all day and i'm tired of it. I've never heard this type of signal before EVER!!

Eric Burris kc0ldt

Sounds like your scanners receiver is experiencing front end overload and your getting a mix of signals in the receiver. Probably a new nearby paging transmitter came online. Your going to have to figure out by scanning around (most likely through the 454mhz spectrum) and find the offending signal. You may also find it in the 462 or 463mhz area. Once you can identify it you will have to filter it out. Try PAR Electronics for that. Good luck

blueangel-eric

Feed Provider
fineshot1 said:
Sounds like your scanners receiver is experiencing front end overload and your getting a mix of signals in the receiver. Probably a new nearby paging transmitter came online. Your going to have to figure out by scanning around (most likely through the 454mhz spectrum) and find the offending signal. You may also find it in the 462 or 463mhz area. Once you can identify it you will have to filter it out. Try PAR Electronics for that. Good luck
I notice that my Yeasu FT60R is now getting some kind of interference now. it causes a full strenght signal on 2meters and i used the VFO and it is on all freqs i scanned thru. It also affects the whole VHF band as well. my mobile 2m radio doesn't get affected other then the Smeter showing signals in the background while scanning. My Yeasu VX170 doesnt even get the interference and its right beside the FT60R. I dont' know what's going on. I didn't get that interference on my FT60R while walking around the building earlier last night. Hope the neighbors didn't install something causing this. i'm in an apartment btw.

EDIT: I just found at least part of the problem. I found the source of the VHF interference. It is my new RCA 14 inch CRT TV. I don't understand. i had it for a month and it never did this until last night!!! I had to turn off the power strip to get it to go away. Now my wife is upset thinking i don't want her to watch TV in the bedroom just so i can hear my radios. This is an inconvenience. Even with the tv off it still is there. i don't want to physically cut the power every night when i bring the radio to bed. Maybe this is a temporary thing. but i don't understand how it can just do this even though the whole month it never did.

Eric Burris

Last edited:

blueangel-eric

Feed Provider
zz0468 said:
Not 100% certain, but tdo you have a computer nearby? Try turning it off.
it's not my computer. my antennas are in the bedroom and my computer never does this. i've had it for years. I know when it's my stuff or not.

Eric burris

Status
Not open for further replies.