Interference/static

Status
Not open for further replies.

misoisland

I'm relatively new to scanning, but I purchased a Radio Shack Pro 2050 base scanner and I recently purchased an indoor TrainTenna blade to go with it (DPD Productions - TrainTenna Railroad Band Antennas for Commercial & Hobbyist Applications).

I've been receiving a lot of interference on certain frequencies such as 160.710. I also have a hand held scanner which I use with the TrainTenna and that still has interference but not as bad as my base model.

Is there anything I can do to reduce the interference besides playing around with the antenna location?

Thanks

W2NJS

Desktop and laptop computers are known to be the source of low-level RF signals which can and will often appear on public service radio frequencies. Next time you encounter such interference try turning off your computer and see if the problem goes away.

krokus

Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.973 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

What type(s) of interference are you receiving?

jim202

I'm relatively new to scanning, but I purchased a Radio Shack Pro 2050 base scanner and I recently purchased an indoor TrainTenna blade to go with it (DPD Productions - TrainTenna Railroad Band Antennas for Commercial & Hobbyist Applications).

I've been receiving a lot of interference on certain frequencies such as 160.710. I also have a hand held scanner which I use with the TrainTenna and that still has interference but not as bad as my base model.

Is there anything I can do to reduce the interference besides playing around with the antenna location?

Thanks

Where are you when you hear this noise?

Just what kind of noise are you hearing?

If you in your house, there are a number of electronic devices that can cause wide band noise. Try unplugging items like an Ethernet hub, plasma TV, computers, lamps that have touch dimmers and fish tank heaters for a start. the list goes on, but these are the more common sources.

misoisland

I moved my antenna higher yesterday, but this morning I'm still having problems. Whenever a transmission comes over 160.710 I can hear it, but then I hear a high and low pitch tone followed by a lot of static. I don't have any interference when I used my mobile scanner with this antenna. It is located on my desktop which means it's near my computer and wireless router, maybe I will try to move it today and see what happens

Status
Not open for further replies.