Interference

Status
Not open for further replies.

nhfdcadet

Premium Subscriber
I have noticed every time I am in the area of Avon mountain, I get interference on the Plymouth police channel, sounds like digital noise, comes in short bursts pretty rhythmically. Just curious if anybody knows off the top of their head if someone shares that frequency, I thought maybe it could be some scada type thing due to the proximity to the reservoir

cg

Premium Subscriber
I believe there is an unlicensed user in Hartford on that channel. DMR XPT for the Civic Center.

chris

cg

Premium Subscriber
That's it. XPT tunking. PL should keep it away but when Plymouth talks, it will likely overwhelm the more distant station.

chris

Ronaldski

MI DB Admin
Database Admin
Dont know what frequency is being used for them and what county that PD is in, but if there is a PL or DPL tone shown for them use that. It will eliminate hearing the DMR audio at least when the PD isnt talking. You'll still have some issues if PD and the DMR is on at the same.

nhfdcadet

Premium Subscriber
That's it. XPT tunking. PL should keep it away but when Plymouth talks, it will likely overwhelm the more distant station.

chris
yeah it only comes across when plymouth talks, and it only happens when i am in that area, just wasnt sure where the interference would have been coming from, so thank you!

nhfdcadet

Premium Subscriber
Dont know what frequency is being used for them and what county that PD is in, but if there is a PL or DPL tone shown for them use that. It will eliminate hearing the DMR audio at least when the PD isnt talking. You'll still have some issues if PD and the DMR is on at the same.
Plymouth CT police in litchfield county 453.350. Radio is programmed with the DPL however when they talk this interference comes right over it (only when i am in the hartford area)

darkness975

Latrodectus
Premium Subscriber
I actually hear that same sound on a couple of other channels as well. Usually named something random, so likely an incorrectly named frequency.

Status
Not open for further replies.