Interlake Talk Groups and Frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

ve3abz

Hope I'm not posting this in the wrong area, But living in Teulon and am a bit confused about afew things. Programming my Scanner here and have a few questions.
1. With the fire department What TG does Teulon fire use? it doesn't appear to be in the Database I hear them tell them to switch to their talkgroup and how can I listen to communication between fire fighters?
2. With EMS does teulon hospital have a Talk Group as well?
3. Why are the Talk groups for interlake labled 1A 1B and 1C I take it it is divided up in to regions? Hope I'm not sounding bad here just trying to ask the right questions. as I am blind. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

DX-300

Hi there ve3abz, first off, yes, you have come to the right place as this is the Prairies and Pacific Coast forum. Welcome aboard! :) I see there is a Trunked Teulon Interlake Site there in the RR Database under MTS FleetNet and perhaps it may take some sleuth work by entering those frequencies and monitoring the activity on the control channel of that local site as soon as you hear them switching to "Talkgroup" with a trunk tracking scanner, then checking out any ID's that pop up that are not in the database, and verifying if it is fire by the conversations you hear. However I do see talkgroups in the rows under the Rural Fire Talkgroups heading there that are labelled North Interlake Home Dispatch, North Interlake Home Tactical and South Interlake Home , South Interlake Home Tactical perhaps they might be using those. As for the 1A, 1B, 1C designations for EMS there, I'm thinking they are possibly just channel designations for three channels in each area as I see Interlake as well as other areas there listed beside 1A, 1B and 1C with their own designated talkgroup ID's. Someone else may correct me if I'm wrong on that and elighten us all. Let me know if this helped so far or if I've lost you already, as of course, I'm not sure as to what your level of scanning expertise is and what kind of scanner(s) you have there at your fingertips, feel free to ask further questions! :)

ve3abz

Using a BC-245XLT need to upgrade I know lol. Hoping to get a PSR-500 at some point. Right now cant listen to RCMP. Thanks very much, gonna get someone to look at the scanner. The fire paging is still VHF for what ever reason, I thaught they would switch everything over to Trunking.

Status
Not open for further replies.