Intermittent System/Site Data

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris0516

Before you think it. My Firmware is up-to-date.

Sometimes, My scanner only shows the name of a trunked System. At other times. It will show the same System. With its' Groups and channels.

Any ideas?
TIA

Sometimes
It depends upon whether the scanner catches the transmission from the start or midway.

If it catches it midway, it doesn't receive all the necessary information from the control channel.

P2 systems are more prone to this symptom.

Chris0516

It depends upon whether the scanner catches the transmission from the start or midway.

If it catches it midway, it doesn't receive all the necessary information from the control channel.

Hmmmm......ok(y)
It's in your signature, which can be hidden on a per-user basis. I have all signatures hidden and thus I don't see yours. It's always a good idea to clearly state what model you're referring to when seeking help.
Ok

Chris0516

That explains a lot. I was beginning to think it was some sort of data(not programming) issue on my part. (y)

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin

This only applies to User ID's when the scanner tunes to a traffic channel in the middle of a transmission (aka "late entry"), it might not show the UID because it missed the initial grant. This does not sound like what the OP is describing.

Chris0516

This only applies to User ID's when the scanner tunes to a traffic channel in the middle of a transmission (aka "late entry"), it might not show the UID because it missed the initial grant. This does not sound like what the OP is describing.
I'm not referring to the UID.

I am using Proscan to program the scanner(UBCD325p2). This is what it looks like:

1604459927125.png

All the Trunked Systems, only have the System. While the Conventional Systems have all the info.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
You said "This does not sound like what the OP is describing.". So, I thought I should re-clarify.
I said that the issue doctordialtone described has to do with missing UID, which is not what you were describing. His post was misleading and was not the answer to the issue you were describing.

Status
Not open for further replies.