Internal GPS Mod Tech Support/Q&A

Status
Not open for further replies.

frazpo

Since Jon is busy, is there anyone else on here that is proficient enough, and would be willing to properly program and install one in my SDS100 once I get my GPS Jon recommended in? For a fee, of course.

PM if you'd like. May be a couple of weeks before it gets in.

You would have to search but maybe the guy who first came up with the GPS mod. I forget his name. He would probably have some insight since he is the one that came up with this whole homemade GPS thing.

freqseeker

External GPS

I just received my external GPS from Jon today. Very nice work! Plugged it in to my 436 and it powered right up. Took only a few minutes to get a lock from inside my daylight basement.
I'm lucky to have received one of the last units.
I downloaded the PDF for the unit but would like clarification on what the white push switch does. I believe I read it is for manually turning the unit on for the SDS100.

Thank you Jon for all the time and knowledge you share. You help a lot of people and have made my scanning experience better. I would have posted this in the other thread but it was closed.
Good luck to you. You will be missed. I look forward to your return, hopefully sooner then expected.

Vince.

uncouth

I have an SDS100 with the internal GPS mode - purchased used. When I power on the unit the green light for the GPS lights up to show it gets power and the display shows the GPS is being used. However, after initially working in my location (green and red light alterating) the GPS hasn't been able to get a lock on since.

I'm in Illinois and tried multiple locations (indoor and out) - my other devices work fine but I never get a GPS lock with the SDS100. Double checked all the settings and everything looks good - any other ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.