AR-DV10 Internal images and tests

Status
Not open for further replies.

TMac20

Can you offer more information ? What are some of the fixes and new features?

Hello - normally I would not hesitate - however I gave an undertaking not to disclose as it was commercial in confidence.

I'm as eager as all of us to see if it can sort most of the issues out.

It is meant to be out any day now - I know I have been saying that for weeks but that is what I am being informed.

tumegpc

Premium Subscriber
Hello - normally I would not hesitate - however I gave an undertaking not to disclose as it was commercial in confidence.

It is meant to be out any day now - I know I have been saying that for weeks but that is what I am being informed.

Do you know if this firmware will also include the AR-DV1 ?

mrkelso

Good

c0ne

I was just looking trough the specs list of the device, that also “looked” good...

M6FLK

Why all the Flak between certain Parties about this unit DV10 all we want is the unit to work properly and with the correct firmware

woodpecker

I also have the feeling you are flying a false flag TMac20...

Mike

I think it makes him feel important when he claims he has "inside information", if you keep repeating there will be an update in a few days you will eventually be correct.

TMac20

Hello - your always polite so here is a small bit I will share;

--------------------------
1. A 30kHz (+/-15kHz, 38.4kS, 16bit) wide I/Q bandwidth can now be recorded on the SD card, and played back on a PC with SDR#

2. Addition of a recording type selection in the CONFIG MENU. You will be able to toggle between AUDIO, DISCRIMINATOR, I/Q. There is no longer any need to add a DISC.txt file into the SD card to initiate a discriminator recording.

3. To differentiate recording types, recording file names will start with 0 (zero) for audio, D for discriminator and Q for I/Q.

4. A new system recovery download utility in case firmware updating has issues and procedure or keyboard locks up.

5. Shorter descramble time for NXDN

6. SCAN/SEARCH in NXDN mode will wait to resume until the scramble code is found

7. Improved NXDN detection rate during SCAN/SEARCH
---------------------------

NOTE: Just keeping my relevance for the haters....will share more when I can.

Make no mistake, AOR are doing all possible to get things on track for the DV10 - we all want that to be the case no matter what rubbish is said in this thread about my posts.

c0ne

That looks promising for the failing DMR many reported on, ooh wait... well atleast you can decode it later when you are home with your IQ recordings. Anyways, thanks for the update info i’m still skeptical( what you call hater) about actual fixes of the real problems and bugs. Those are ones that are relevant imo.

TMac20

That looks promising for the failing DMR many reported on, ooh wait... well atleast you can decode it later when you are home with your IQ recordings. Anyways, thanks for the update info i’m still skeptical( what you call hater) about actual fixes of the real problems and bugs. Those are ones that are relevant imo.

Hello

There are a decent list of big fixes when I can I will post the ones I was given - being skeptical is ok given all of us are on the fence about the updates being able to sort things out.

grosminet

The question is :

When can I enjoy my 1115 € gift with decent DMR, NXDN reception ?

In fact it is a real good analog receiver !!!

palmerjrusa

If all DV10 units suffer from the frequency drift problem, that's by far the most important issue that needs to be addressed.

M6FLK

Let’s hope drift is fixed one of the main things keeping fingers crossed they get it right

EricCottrell

Premium Subscriber
Hello,

The two deal breakers for me are the drift problem, and the serial communication hangs.

I am not surprised at the delay as it sometimes takes a couple of release candidates to make it through QA successfully.

73 Eric

woodpecker

Hello,

The two deal breakers for me are the drift problem, and the serial communication hangs.

I am not surprised at the delay as it sometimes takes a couple of release candidates to make it through QA successfully.

73 Eric

Agreed, these are the 2 worst problems and its not worth buying until both are properly fixed.

palmerjrusa

Let’s hope drift is fixed one of the main things keeping fingers crossed they get it right

If they don't then it's not fit for sale.

A $1000.00 plus radio that can't keep on frequency to the extent that it loses a signal after it drifts, not acceptable.

c0ne

I think they allready gave up on the drift isseu, why else would they add sheet of paper to say you could experience a drift exceeding 5PPM in HF range. In hamfair firmware you can adjust it either manual or automagic, i think thats as good as its gonna get. Sadly that is

c0ne

But will see, they have one more business day to come with the firmware release they promised to be released in September, lets see if they keep worth and how trustworthy they are.

G7HID

By announcing the September firmware release AOR have put themselves into a corner, they are under pressure to release something - or loose even more credibility - whether the "something" will be of any use and not just cosmetic changes, we will have to wait and see..

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.