Internet Cut Off Switch !

Status
Not open for further replies.

nyscan00

Premium Subscriber
Came across this product on the internet.. Site is called Justhitthebutton.com. Picked one up and it works great!
Simple design instantly cuts your connection to the internet at the touch of a button.

Came in handy two weeks ago while opening a contaminated email. Was able to instantly cut my internet connection stopping the virus from loading onto my PC.

Check it out~

Welcome to Internet Panic Button - Internet Cut Off Switch Shut off the intrenet

Attachments

• Internet_Cut_Off_Switch.jpg
    Internet_Cut_Off_Switch.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 2,110

WouffHong

netlock

$27.00!!!!!!

You could wire a switch into your patch cable for a few cents.

Cheaper yet: netlock.bat :)

cls
echo off
@echo: .
@echo: --- HOLD ON - DISCONNECTING! --
ipconfig /release
@echo: ---------------NETLOCK.BAT-------------
@echo: OK! NET LOCKED OUT :=)
@echo: HIT ANY KEY TO RE-CONNECT
@echo: ---------------------TM--------------------------
pause
cls
@echo: ---- WAIT... RECONNECTING! ---
ipconfig /renew
@echo: -------------------------TM-----------------------------
@echo: OK! NET RECONNECTED
@echo: (HIT ANY KEY TO CLOSE PROGRAM)
@echo: --------------------NETLOCK.BAT------------------
pause
exit

just copy to NOTEPAD and save as "netlock.bat" - I just make a link to it from my system tray (or desktop) and hit it when napping or supper. A very simple batch file.

The only glitch I ever saw (once) when it was left off overnight, and had to reboot the router to reconnect. - never failed since.

Would like comments back if it works OK for y'all, too..

Woufff

mikepdx

Cheaper yet: netlock.bat :)

You should have sold that.
You could have been the next Bill.

You could have compiled it, protected it from piracy by
forcing users to activate it on the web with Netlock Product Activation (NPA)
and demanded a credit card number for support.

kb2vxa

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
"Came in handy two weeks ago while opening a contaminated email. Was able to instantly cut my internet connection stopping the virus from loading onto my PC."
I'm still trying to figure that one out. If you can open it, isn't it already on your HD or am I missing something here?

That's where a memory resident AV program comes in handy, if an e-mail or a download is infected it's put in quarantine before you can get at it all that easily. Then a warning pops up letting you know so you can analyze the infection and deal with it later.

Then if you have a firewall you can always block all network traffic with the click of a mouse making both the panic button and the bat file just a bit superfluous. On the other hand if it's worth it's salt you're safe behind it anyway so what's all the hubbub, bub?

poltergeisty

Truth is a force of nature
Banned
For me all I do s right click the icon in the task bar that says, "firewall".... The LAN cable is a great too!

:lol:

Had to block all communication through the firewall several times actually. When you come across a site where a script causes Firefox to freeze, I end up killing the process. So now that FF closed improperly it makes a note and starts where you left off and loads that damn page again! :roll: So instead of allowing the page to load I simply block all communication in the firewall. In the past FF would ask you if you want to resume the session. I don''t see this option anymore. Need to read more about it. Either it's in about:config or something else. The thing about this crap is that it could be a malicious attempt to hijack FF. No script has a few tricks to deal with this though.

I've had more issues with FF in as many days... I was an early adopter of Mozilla when it came out and never had so many damn issues. I doubt it's an addon.

mike_s104

Premium Subscriber
"Came in handy two weeks ago while opening a contaminated email. Was able to instantly cut my internet connection stopping the virus from loading onto my PC."
I'm still trying to figure that one out. If you can open it, isn't it already on your HD or am I missing something here?

That's where a memory resident AV program comes in handy, if an e-mail or a download is infected it's put in quarantine before you can get at it all that easily. Then a warning pops up letting you know so you can analyze the infection and deal with it later.

Then if you have a firewall you can always block all network traffic with the click of a mouse making both the panic button and the bat file just a bit superfluous. On the other hand if it's worth it's salt you're safe behind it anyway so what's all the hubbub, bub?

I think he may have opened an email that tried to go out and download something.

Status
Not open for further replies.