Internet Explorer 10 Error HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kmh603

I have a Windows 8.1 Computer with Internet Explorer 10. When I turn on the Computer I get a prompt that asks if I want to use net command I check Yes- I cant figure out what is causing that prompt? Then when I click on the Internet explorer icon, IE executes and stays on my desktop for about 1 second and then it closes? The only way I can get IE to run is to right click on the icon and then click Run as Adminitsrator. Then the program works fine. I have run all sorts of anti virus tools and I updated my Antivirus ( Bitdefender)- finds nothing. I ran dozens of Malware programs like Malwarebytes, unhackme and other- finds nothing. Anyone got any ideas on these problems? I can not re-install Windows 8.1 as when I bought this machine, they do not give any disc anymore and you have to buy the Windows 8 program again. Maybe someone know of a "fix it" program that I could run?

Thanks

lgentle

All computers nowadays offer a pre-installed program that lets you create a set of recovery discs. You'll have to check the list of installed programs for your specific computer.

RC286

You have your license key right? I don't know about now adays, but back in the xp/vista era, calling MS tech support and explaining the delema, with your key and proof of purchase they would mail you a disc with no license key, either a full windows disc or recovey disc. Its the license you pay for, not the disc. From my experience, MS is usually pretty good when it comes to customer service.

WB4CS

Reinstalling the OS shouldn't be necessary, or should at least be your last resort for troubleshooting. I can think of 3 things to try first:

Option 1) Stop using the worst internet browser in history and start using Chrome.

Option 2) Upgrade to Internet Explorer 11, this should update the program files for IE and possibly fix the issue.

Option 3) I'm not sure if you can do this in Windows 8, but in Windows 7 you can remove IE and reinstall. First, download IE 10 from Microsoft. Then go to Control Panel > Programs and Features > Turn Windows features on or off.

Uncheck the box for Internet Explorer 10 and click ok. Reboot the computer. Reinstall IE 10 from the install file you downloaded.

This may be different or not possible in Windows 8, if needed I can test it from my home computer tonight.

CapStar362

Option 2 - Contradicts Option 1?

you said stop using the worse browser in the world, aka IE, but then you turn right about and advise him to use the program you just told him NOT to use? only its a new version.....please help me figure that one out.....

just a FYI, IE 11 is worse than 10, and its plagued with lots of issues for 7 and 8 users of both architectures. 32 and 64 bit

i dont use Exploder, but from what im reading, its nothing but patch after patch every week ( sometimes every few days ) for 11

OP: do your self a favor, use Chrome or Firefox, or hell, use anything other than that MS Based "Internet EXPLODER"

All computers nowadays offer a pre-installed program that lets you create a set of recovery discs. You'll have to check the list of installed programs for your specific computer.

thats for OEM Machines, when you build your own, you have to buy or download your own copy.

You have your license key right? I don't know about now adays, but back in the xp/vista era, calling MS tech support and explaining the delema, with your key and proof of purchase they would mail you a disc with no license key, either a full windows disc or recovey disc. Its the license you pay for, not the disc. From my experience, MS is usually pretty good when it comes to customer service.

same thing here, if he has a OEM Machine, MS Cust Service is going to tell him right from the start he needs to contact the maker of his OEM Machine.

Status
Not open for further replies.