Internet Radio Receivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

haleve

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
I remember sometime back there was a craze about a new generation of stand alone internet radios that could receive scanner streams through RadioReference, I couldn't pull up any threads in the archives but I remember two outstanding models that appeared to have received rave reviews (Grace GDI-IRC6000) & (Logitech Squeezebox) any idea if this is still in practice & how would I go about receiving RR live streams on them? Also any reviews on which model is more user friendly? Thanks in advance.

Amazon.com: Online Shopping for Electronics, Apparel, Computers, Books, DVDs & more

w2xq

Mentor
My initial reaction is their time has come and gone. Why bother spending the money for standalone radios when apps for smartphones and tablets are so readily available. I'm partial to Tunein Radio Pro with its full feature set including a sleep timer, but iHeartradio and Scannerradio are also musts on my electronics. YMMV. HTH.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
One of the things you would need to do is to see if the radio you are considering subscribes to a network that has the RR feeds in its lists. There are several such networks - they usually have a website that you can sign into and then load what you want to hear onto your radio (in some ways, it's like how you use the web service).

Mike

haleve

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Internet Receivers

As you can see I am now able to post on this forum, I made several attempts earlier without success, thanks for your time & sorry for any inconvenience I may have caused.

RobKB1FJR

Premium Subscriber
I have a Logitech wifi radio and quite honestly haven't used it actively since 2010. It sits on my night stand. The sound is better then the tablet or phone, However for the same price one could get a blue tooth speaker.

Status
Not open for further replies.