Internet Shortwave Radio Stations Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.

JASII

Memory Capacity
I work midnights and have access to the internet most of the night. While it certainly would not be practical to lug in a shortwave radio, I am considering doing some shortwave broadcast listening via the internet. Does anybody have any good URLs for websites that have a bunch of English language internet shortwave radio stations? I have done some Google searches, but I can't seem to find what I want so far.

k9rzz

If you're looking for a site that has shortwave stations streaming in English all lined up in a row - BAM!

I don't think you're going to find it. Even on the internet, it ain't that easy. :^)

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
True, but then there's the next best thing...

http://forums.radioreference.com/hf-mw-lw-general-discussion/171179-combined-skeds-spreadsheet.html

Now keep in mind that you must have some basic understanding of precisely WHAT you can hear at a given time, and WHY that it's possible. To that end, there's a website with a fairly basic description of daylight/darkness and other propagation issues here - note that Flash player must be allowed and installed for this site to work...

Propagation Primer - Flash Movie by AE4RV

It may be pitch dark at midnight your time but it isn't necessarily so anywhere else on the planet. This is a crucial point to understand. You will need to limit your listening below 10 mhz or so and see how daylight and darkness play a huge role in determining what you can hear.

best regards..Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.