Interop Excersize

Status
Not open for further replies.

rabidmoose57

I monitored an excersize this morning which included the Missouri Air National Guard, Missouri and Kansas Highway Patrols, Doniphan County Kansas, and Buchanan County Missouri sheriffs depts. It was done through the Buchanan County Missouri Digital trunk. It was a training excersize in preparation for an up coming air show at Rosecrans Memorial Airport. The majority of the traffic was on the trunk, although there was some vhf traffic on 155.475. It was the first time I was aware that the Kansas Digital system could make direct contact with our Digital trunk in Buchanan County. It was an impressive demonstration of interoperability between agencies. I guess I know why there was testing earlier this month!

talkpair

I was in Cameron late this afternoon and saw some low flying aircraft passing by and wondering now if it was part of the air show.

Good to hear something positive interoperability news.

Turnout on last week's statewide tornado drill roll call by troop A and H resulted in about 60% responses from the agencies contacted on point-to-point.

scannerowner

Did you see C130s flying low over Cameron?? They always fly fairly low through here, I have also seen a few Apaches from Whiteman, I'm guessing.

scannerowner

They are big green planes with propellers. I always see them flying over Cameron, so I doubt it was the exercises. I see usually a couple at a time. I think the show is going to have the Blue Angels and a few other cool exhibits.

nd5y

Rosecrans is home of the 139th Airlift Wing, MO Air National Guard and Advanced Airlift Tactics Training Center. They fly C-130s and other units go there for training.
139th Airlift Wing, Missouri Air National Guard - Home

I haven't been to St. Joe since about 1993.
The ANG security, fire, ambulance, and other stuff used to be on several 163 MHz channels.
Are they still there? or have they gone digtial or trunked?

KOC

I monitored an excersize this morning which included the Missouri Air National Guard, Missouri and Kansas Highway Patrols, Doniphan County Kansas, and Buchanan County Missouri sheriffs depts. It was done through the Buchanan County Missouri Digital trunk. It was a training excersize in preparation for an up coming air show at Rosecrans Memorial Airport. The majority of the traffic was on the trunk, although there was some vhf traffic on 155.475. It was the first time I was aware that the Kansas Digital system could make direct contact with our Digital trunk in Buchanan County. It was an impressive demonstration of interoperability between agencies. I guess I know why there was testing earlier this month!

It was a statewide tornado drill.

rabidmoose57

Air Show

Actually the excersize was for an air show which takes place at Rosecrans next month. It should be quite something, and well worth a trip to see it. I don't have the actual date at hand, but it would be on the web site for the city of St.Joseph.

talkpair

Yes, they were 2 separate events.

Sorry, I shouldn't have included that line about the tornado drill in my reply to the thread.

It's somewhat of an exercise using existing frequencies, but wasn't connected to the air show.

My apologies for the confusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.