Interop Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

davidjacobs2012

Premium Subscriber
Do the radios automatically switch from site to site? I'm trying to figure out what I need to do about programming sites for MARCS-IP. I know that site radiuses go into other site territory for a couple reasons. But I want to know if there is an emergency or an event where personnel can communicate in a different county with ease if the radios switch sites automatically.

fyrfyter33

Yes. This is redundant across the entire state. Radios are not programmed to go beyond a few county area, so you aren't dragging local talk groups across the state, especially onto a smaller portion of the system that cannot handle them.

There are regional talk groups for parts of the state and statewide interop talk groups for emergencies that could require units from one side of the state move to the other. Those radios will work on the interop talk groups anywhere in the state.

If you need the specific listing I can tell you the regional talk groups for SW OH and which are the statewide MA talk groups.

mmartinfan

Banned
I can take my 5000 radio across the state and use it on interops channels seamlessly A couple TG's will work fine but my home TG's won't work past the adjacent county. Its all on how its programmed at DAS

davidjacobs2012

Premium Subscriber
So I currently have Hamilton County channels with Hamilton County and Cincinnati City sites. Would it be a good idea to add Warren, Butler, and Clermont sites too?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

fyrfyter33

Are you planning on frequenting those areas or do you just want to listen to those county systems?

If it's purely for interop talk groups, the better idea is to add the interops into your setup for Hamilton County.

davidjacobs2012

Premium Subscriber
I go to those areas all the time. Matter of fact, I live in Clermont County now instead of Hamilton County. I have each county as a favorite on my 436HP. So I'm just trying to figure out what to do if there needs to be interop so I don't miss a thing

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

fyrfyter33

The city or county MA channels are used first for initial interoperability. After that we jump to regional and then statewide interops.

They can also cross patch talk groups as needed, on the fly. Some of the dispatch centers can do this as well as a mobile command center.

Status
Not open for further replies.