Interop U-Tac-1 flood Activity - Luzerne

Status
Not open for further replies.

captclint

Mentor
The following have been issued to PA statewide for Interop between Starnet and local agencies.
0155.7525 V-CALL
0453.2125 U-CALL
0453.4625 U-TAC 1 (appears to be common statewide)
0453.7125 U-TAC 2
0453.8625 U-TAC 3
Only a few northern and central counties have been issued a license to use them to date: I.E. FCC Callsign WQMJ248 Details As you will see, they bear monitoring.

Yesterday, I monitored significant activity on U-Tac-1 which I believe was National Guard related. It appeared as if 2 aircraft were unable to communicate on the normal channel, which I assumed was STARNET, but as time went on, I was not so sure.

Arrowhead was apparently transporting people to Avoca airport(Luzerne Cty). He was initially communicating with Arrowhead6, which I believe was another aircraft. Towards the end, a base, Striker X-ray, told him transportation would be available at the airport when he arrived. He then indicated Taskforce/Infantry would be sending Water buffalo and supplies to various portions of Luzerne that had storm damage, but they would NOT be the responsibility of Arrowhead. This was the last comm around 8PM. The signal was fairly strong and steady, even as the aircraft was on the ground, but did not have any repeater squelch tail. However, due to the signal strength, I suspect it might have been WQIE493. Half of the time, there were no PL's, but the other half was 156.7 as expected.

Anyone recognize these ID's, and what agency they might be?

Last edited:

ocguard

The following have been issued to PA statewide for Interop between Starnet and local agencies.
0155.7525 V-CALL
0453.2125 U-CALL
0453.4625 U-TAC 1 (appears to be common statewide)
0453.7125 U-TAC 2
0453.8625 U-TAC 3
Only a few northern and central counties have been issued a license to use them to date: I.E. FCC Callsign WQMJ248 Details As you will see, they bear monitoring.

Yesterday, I monitored significant activity on U-Tac-1 which I believe was National Guard related. It appeared as if 2 aircraft were unable to communicate on the normal channel, which I assumed was STARNET, but as time went on, I was not so sure.

Arrowhead was apparently transporting people to Avoca airport(Luzerne Cty). He was initially communicating with Arrowhead6, which I believe was another aircraft. Towards the end, a base, Striker X-ray, told him transportation would be available at the airport when he arrived. He then indicated Taskforce/Infantry would be sending Water buffalo and supplies to various portions of Luzerne that had storm damage, but they would NOT be the responsibility of Arrowhead. This was the last comm around 8PM. The signal was fairly strong and steady, even as the aircraft was on the ground, but did not have any repeater squelch tail. However, due to the signal strength, I suspect it might have been WQIE493. Half of the time, there were no PL's, but the other half was 156.7 as expected.

Anyone recognize these ID's, and what agency they might be?

3rd Stryker Brigade Combat Team, 2nd Infantry Division

Licenses are not required for mobile users on V/U/7/8-tac channels, only base stations and repeaters.

I keep making a stink here in York County because, while we have the UTAC frequencies in our radios, they are only in simplex mode. Sure would be nice to be able to access them in repeater mode as well.

brey1234

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
new freqs

I listened to some of the comms. One of the parties was with an official of Wyoming County EMA

chankel

Premium Subscriber
There have also been a few hits on 453.4625 CT 156.7 logged by my software, but I wasn't around to hear them. They've been occurring for about the last week, prior to the hurricane. There was no activity picked up during the storm, but its possible that the large amount of other traffic simply meant that the software missed it.

Note that a Stryker MAV was seen hot-footing it towards Bristol Twp in Bucks as well, possibly in support of regional SWAT and PSP SERT during the search for Eglin (Man Who May Have Killed 4 Found Dead in Bucks | NBC Philadelphia)

Status
Not open for further replies.