Interops Gone Wild!

rrobinso84

Premium Subscriber
The Superb Owl has brought with him (or her) an amazing amount of G-Deck "Interop" traffic!

Here's what my SDS200 has recorded just today (2/10/2023)1676085357660.png.

Gonna take a while to sort thru it!

rrobinso84

Premium Subscriber
So, in addition to my scanner, I'm also running two SDRs, one on my local RWC site and the other on my local AZWINS site. I've never seen them so busy, and frankly they pick up SO MUCH MORE than just one scanner! Both are P25 sites, and the ability of the SDR to "see" a few MHz of bandwidth allows DSDPlus to give a really good picture of the traffic. Yes, lots are encrypted, but even that amount of traffic (whatever they are saying!) is quite remakable. Here's a current snapshot of the RWC Channel activity just now and it's been like this all night!

"I picked the right time to start sniffing signals!"

1676086186906.png

rrobinso84

Premium Subscriber
Hmm let us know what you can hear if anything! Looks interesting.
Sadly, I'm only hearing parking lot management and a few calls for extra support with unruly crowds. I think the 'real action' will be on the rental 2W handhelds near the stadium. But I'll keep listening.

Lllsssrrr000

Premium Subscriber
Sadly, I'm only hearing parking lot management and a few calls for extra support with unruly crowds. I think the 'real action' will be on the rental 2W handhelds near the stadium. But I'll keep listening.
What talk groups are you hearing this on?

rrobinso84

Premium Subscriber
What talk groups are you hearing this on?
G-Dec Interops. RWC : Mutual Aid/Intersystem : G1-G15; Interops A thru O. Heaviest Traffic was on G7 Interop G and G8 Interop H. One or both of those was actually covering the WM Golf Tourney in Scottsdale, but the others got really busy early in the morning Sunday over in Glendale. They are dealing with the outflow of traffic from the stadium now.