Interstate talkgroups

Status
Not open for further replies.

AC2OY

Guys not really sure where to post so mods move it if it's out order. My question is that on my two 700mhz and 800mhz systems I get talkgroups basically from New York and obviously New Jersey. Why does this happen even though it appears they are from diffrent systems.

teufler

some systems have the same talk group assignment codes, such as Little Rock has somre of the same codes and some of the same frequencies as St Louis though obviously they are not conected. Now St Louis has some operations on the statewide MOSWIN system. Same talk group but they are sometimes on 700 mhz, at times on 800 mhz and they can operate on the 156 mhz repeaters all on Moswin.. At least I have monitored them on various different mhz sites but there talk group shows up.

SCPD

QRT
Sorry I'll try to be more clear scanner...on my 700mhz and 800mhz systems I see the same talkgroups on the diffrent systems and I was wondering how or why that happens because when I look in the database I see all diffrent numbers.
Ok. What numbers? Are you talking about radio id's, talk groups?

AC2OY

Ok. What numbers? Are you talking about radio id's, talk groups?

Talk groups mostly in the 4xxx region. I know a lot of them are Rutgers Campus police encrypted but sometimes I see ones I can't reconize if they are police or some other agency. Like just know talk group 4361 light up encrypted. I get a lot of 4xxx ones but I can search the database for what they are. Thank you scanner guy!!

SCPD

QRT
Talk groups mostly in the 4xxx region. I know a lot of them are Rutgers Campus police encrypted but sometimes I see ones I can't reconize if they are police or some other agency. Like just know talk group 4361 light up encrypted. I get a lot of 4xxx ones but I can search the database for what they are. Thank you scanner guy!!
Ok. I think it's just coincidence that you see the same talk groups on two separate systems. Just curious, I'm guessing they're separate agencies?

AC2OY

I think your right because while we were typing I kept hearing NJICS group 4241, looked it up and it turns out to be Elizabeth PD....LOL but yet I see a perfect alpha tag sometimes saying Elizabeth PD 1 and PD 2?

SCPD

QRT
I think your right because while we were typing I kept hearing NJICS group 4241, looked it up and it turns out to be Elizabeth PD....LOL but yet I see a perfect alpha tag sometimes saying Elizabeth PD 1 and PD 2?
What 800mhz system were you seeing the same talk groups?

AC2OY

Yeah I get that system. I used to see the frequency with the 800 but the 536 only shows the UID I'm sure it's all operator error. But I thank you sir for all your help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.