BCD436HP/BCD536HP: Intresting DMR talkgroup display issue here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

N9NRA

Premium Subscriber
Hey all, anyone noticing this? I`m listening to my OpenSpot, which i loaded into my `436HP so i wouldn`t hafta carry my DMR HT around with me all the time :), and i`m noticing an intresting issue, while the unit recieves just fine, even switching when a different TG pops up active allowing me to hear the chatter on that TG, i`m noticing that the display seems not to also change to show the newly active TG. For instance, right now i`m monitoring Talkgroup 310 (TAC 310), and i`m also hearing TG91 (Worldwide), the scanner will switch when one TG stops and the other (new) one becomes active, but the display will still show the first one (in this case TG310, tested it on TG91 and got the same thing, TG310 would become active, the display would show the change of UID`s, but the talkgroup would not switch on the display, it would show (for example) TG91 while it would be PLAYING out TG91. I`m wondering if this is just the scanner`s display is too slow to keep up with the changing TG`s? Just mentioning this in case anyone else sees this too, as it`s kinda intresting. To confirm what i was seeing i went into my OpenSpot`s web interface and watched what was happening, that`s how i "put two & two together" if you will. While it`s not a real biggie it is kinda intresting here, and i felt it was worth mentioning on here just for everyone else`s benefit and mabey someone else can also confirm what i`m seeing. Thanx! N9NRA

garys

Premium Subscriber
What version of the firmware are you running?

jaspence

Premium Subscriber
Display & talkgroup

If the groups are on the same time slot, this can happen. On my DMR HT, I have to program the receive group as well as the talk group to prevent this. Before I started creating code plugs with separate entries, World Wide and North America would show on the display while I actually was hearing the other group.

K1TSL

I just ordered an Openspot and I did some initial programming on my 436 last night. How did you set up your 436? Was it one as a DMR One Frequency with talk groups? Thanks-

Ubbe

....For instance, right now i`m monitoring Talkgroup 310 (TAC 310), and i`m also hearing TG91 (Worldwide), the scanner will switch when one TG stops and the other (new) one becomes active, but the display will still show the first one.....

It's been like that since DMR got introduced in the scanner.

/Ubbe

Status
Not open for further replies.