Intresting MTO TG find zone 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Here is a MTO Maintenance TG I just heard TG 39104 It was on the Millar hill tower (Huntsville) what makes this intresting the road report and some opps are indeed zone 3 area's (northbay) road report had 17 patrols check in on highways 17.11, 6, 69, 64, 63,144, 537, 522, 530, 531, 533, 539, 540, 654, 94. What is intresting was the signal this TG was at a S2 on the tower and I got the whole road report and some opps on highways 11 and 17 while the channels on the tower changed. Now with that said I get the local MTO TG's (Muskoka/Parrysound/Haliburton) at S5 on the Miller hill tower. I have seen this before (signal change on the fleetnet towers in analog mode) with the MOH Muskoka ambulance is at S5 but Parrysound units are only S2 on that tower and the same goes for the Bracebridge tower Muskoka MTO and MOH are full scale but Parrysound MOH drops to a S8. I have seen this on the BC 785D. BC 996, BC 250D,and the EFJ 5100 while using differant antenna's and also in the mobile. I have also been monitoring the Burks falls tower with TG 39104 on my BC996 and nothing but 39104 is active again on Millar hill with 503 doing banks on 17 east on the BC785.

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
Here is a MTO Maintenance TG I just heard TG 39104 It was on the Millar hill tower (Huntsville) what makes this intresting the road report and some opps are indeed zone 3 area's (northbay) road report had 17 patrols check in on highways 17.11, 6, 69, 64, 63,144, 537, 522, 530, 531, 533, 539, 540, 654, 94. What is intresting was the signal this TG was at a S2 on the tower and I got the whole road report and some opps on highways 11 and 17 while the channels on the tower changed. Now with that said I get the local MTO TG's (Muskoka/Parrysound/Haliburton) at S5 on the Miller hill tower. I have seen this before (signal change on the fleetnet towers in analog mode) with the MOH Muskoka ambulance is at S5 but Parrysound units are only S2 on that tower and the same goes for the Bracebridge tower Muskoka MTO and MOH are full scale but Parrysound MOH drops to a S8. I have seen this on the BC 785D. BC 996, BC 250D,and the EFJ 5100 while using differant antenna's and also in the mobile. I have also been monitoring the Burks falls tower with TG 39104 on my BC996 and nothing but 39104 is active again on Millar hill with 503 doing banks on 17 east on the BC785.

Please don't take this wrong way but I cannot understand what you are trying to say here.

Are you surprised because you are hearing MTO crews with road reports for areas away from the towers you mentioned? If so, here in Zone 1, the road reports from Windsor all the way to Brant/Haldimand County are patched together on the Brantford tower. Generally, I hear the MTO in the Brant,Haldimand, Norfolk, Oxford, K/W and Halton/Hamilton/Niagara when they are on patrols. The road reports then, are patched, regular communications arent. There is no reason why I'd be able to hear the MTO in Essex , C/K and Elgin county off Brantford.

Secondly, I don't understand why certain MOH Ems CACC communications would communicate with a different signal strength on the same tower.

For instance,off the Charlton/Hamilton tower, I hear Halton EMS, Hamilton, Simcoe and Niagara, as well as Ems units travelling thru zones 1,2,3. There is never a different signal strength for all the above mentioned EMS services on Charlton.

SCPD

QRT
That talkgroup you found 39104, you said you were hearing the MTO Highway patrols on it. That talkgroup to me is in the range of the Jail (correctional facilities) Talkgroups. I am up here in Zone 3 and I have never heard or seen any MTO Highway patrols use a Jail Talkgroup.

So maybe your signal was a little weak and it was bringing up a bogus talkgroup and maybe you were actually hearing calls from your actual MTO Highway Talkgroup.

Maybe next time if you have another scanner and if this talkgroup comes up again, lock on it and with another scanner check to see if any of your other MTO Highway Talkgroups are active at the same time and see if you hear the same thing come across your normal MTO Talkgroups that you are hearing on this NEW MTO Highway Talkgroup you found.

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BB10; Kbd) AppleWebKit/537.10+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/10.1.0.1483 Mobile Safari/537.10+)

Only one time did talkgroup 39104 come active when I was monitoring.

It was heard off the Charlton tower on Simcoe day, 2006. I was driving back from the states and was on the Burlington skyway.

Funny how I can remember that and not what I had for dinner on Sunday.

mciupa

That talkgroup you found 39104, you said you were hearing the MTO Highway patrols on it. That talkgroup to me is in the range of the Jail (correctional facilities) Talkgroups. I am up here in Zone 3 and I have never heard or seen any MTO Highway patrols use a Jail Talkgroup.

From what I can see, Corrections talkgroup ID's start from ~ 39500 and above.

Status
Not open for further replies.