Introduction New Forum Member

VA1YZX

Good day! I was unable to find a dedicated place for new members to introduce themselves (which I understand to be the appropriate etiquette when joining a forum). Given that I am a Radio Amateur, I chose this one.
I'm new to your Forum but have been using Radio Reference resources that come up in my google searches for some time. I am VA1YZX and especially enjoy POTA and the tinkering. Luckily for me, many of the friends I do things with in real life (we self identify as "nerds") are on the repeater local to me (VE1WN) which keeps me from being the "kid with one walkie talkie". I also enjoy being a member of our local club, Greenwood Amateur Radio Club.
My interests are wide but specifically include POTA, SOTA, experimenting, hacking, fox hunting, and tinkering. Rather than buy something that does something exceptionally well, I get more joy out of making something do something other than what is most typically expected of it.
Though many of you probably know or could quickly look it up, I live near Greenwood Nova Scotia, though I travel widely. At this exact moment I'm at Milne Inlet in the high arctic. Thank you for having me in your forum.

VA1YZX