Introduction

Status
Not open for further replies.

KPryor

Hello World!

My name is Ken (KA9PHI) and I'm from the bustling metropolis of Flat Rock, IL. I'm a HAM, though I haven't been particularly active for quite a while. I enjoy listening to railroad and aviation frequencies mostly. I'm a recently retired police officer and have no desire to listen to more of the stuff I had to hear 8 hours a day ;-)

I recently dug out my old PRO-2052 and would like to put it to work. I own a serial-USB cable, but other than that haven't really looked into how to put the scanner to use with the cable and a computer. Don't know what's possible or what software is out there that will work with an old scanner like that, but I'd love to set it up to work with a Raspberry Pi or Beaglebone Black for streaming. Any suggestions for this or on Windows would be greatly appreciated.

Looking forward to hanging out and seeing what all is here on this great site.

Ken

Last edited:

K4EET

Chaplain
Hey Ken... Just wanted to welcome you to RadioReference. As for your questions, I'll have to let somebody else answer those. Enjoy! 73, Dave K4EET :)

Jimru

Premium Subscriber
Welcome, Ken!

There are a lot of great folks here on Radio Reference willing to help a newbie (or even an experienced person with questions!).

My suggestion for now is to avail yourself of the beginners section to get an idea of how to navigate this site so that you can get the most out of it.
For instance, if you have questions about your particular brand of scanner, go to the forum dedicated to that brand and ask questions. Questions about computer interfacing your rig have forums of their own, as well. Lastly, tour the database of frequencies for the area you live in to see what else there is to monitor, plus each state has a forum all it's own.

I don't blame you for not wanting to monitor PD, but at least make sure your scanner has those systems programmed in so you can monitor public safety if you need to due to a local emergency.

73 de W4PKR,
Jim

KPryor

Welcome to RR. I don't believe these early Uniden Trunk Trackers were computer programmable. Below is the link to the RR Wiki page for your scanner to get you started:

Pro-2052 - The RadioReference Wiki

Easier To Read Manual

Thanks! I did find that ScanControl will program it. I'm just doing it with the demo for now, but may go ahead and pay for the full version. Shame that the software is apparently no longer updated.

Status
Not open for further replies.