Intruders on 14.070?

Status
Not open for further replies.

N8DV

I do a lot of PSK31 (a digital mode) on 14.070. The past week I have heard two intruders using USB on 14.070. They have a strong southern accent and are talking about radios. They are not fisherman, etc. I had a qso with a 4 land station in Florida and he has heard these guys. I have reported them to my Official Observer for the Michigan section. Has anyone else heard these guys? Thanks es 73

kb2vxa

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
I used to copy digital modes on the bottom end of 20M and never heard fone below 14.150 but since I moved last September I've been lacking antennas so this is news to me. Record them and keep a detailed log so if you catch some callsigns you have good docs that may help in getting these lids out of the digital portion of the band.

You may be aware of the repercussions of dumbing down the tests so these guys may just need a bit of elmering. On the other hand they may need Rileygrams but first things first, that's what the OOs are for.

N1BHH

The Official Observers don't have the wherewithall to figure out where they are coming from, unless they have a few of them working together to triangulate where the signals are coming from. Most OO's are untrained at what they need to educated on. If there are enough complaints lodged with the FCC, that agency will do what it sees fit.

KD8HHO

i thought that was odd i was hearing usb on 14070 today.. also caught 2 "Hispanics" talking lsb on 12900 today.

N8DV

When I was on yesterday, it sounded like a couple of women talking this time.

N8DV

Update: According to QST and the FCC, a Florida doctor was warned not to operate on 20 meters without a license. The doctor, Joseph Goldberg of Tavernier, Florida was warned that a fine and possible imprisonment for operating unlicensed. Hmmmm, since this warning, the intruders have stopped. A coincidence? May be so. But the interference has stopped.

N8DV

PSK 31 uses upper sideband on 20 meters. Anything below 20 meters, is on lower sideband.

Status
Not open for further replies.