IOM Health Systems -- NXDN48 Trunked System 432

Status
Not open for further replies.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
During a tropo event my buddy picked up what we feel is Site 5 of the IOM Health Systems NXDN48 trunked system

IOM HEALTH SYSTEMS
WRBT420
NXDN48 Trunked System (L432)

L432 - Site 5 - RAN 5 (Bluffton, Wells Co)
451.21875 ; ch 804
Neighbor List: 1 (ch 84) , 6 (ch 805)

There are six sites listed on the license:

Site ? - Fort Wayne (Allen)
451.0375 - likely CC

Site ? - Warsaw (Koskiusko)
451.89375 - likely CC

Site ? - Knox (Starke)
461.51875 - likely CC

Site ? - Peru (Miami)
461.99375 - likely CC

Site 5 - Blufton (Wells)
451.21875 - CC

Site ? - Portland (Jay)
451.86875 - likely CC

The RANs for the six sites will likely be RANS 1-6. So if you pick up one of these sites, you'll know which RF site it is based upon the RAN reported.

I didn't submit this to the database because the site picked up via Tropo may not be IOM. But we are fairly confident it is. If you are in/near any of those areas, and use DSDPlus or have a scanner capable of NXDN, please tune to the suggested control channels above and see if you pick up an NXDN48 trunked control channel.

Thanks

Mike

Attachments

• L432-5.png
    L432-5.png
    161.6 KB · Views: 21

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin

These are Lutheran Ground MICU units

No, what we copied most certainly was not. It was an NXDN48 trunked control channel (L432 is the SysID/NetID). Maybe Lutheran ground units might end up using that system (I don't live in Indiana and don't know if Lutheran is part of IOM), but what was copied was not any sort of mobile unit or conventional repeater. NXDN48 trunked.

Mike

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
IOM also has a Indy site that is not on air yet. This system is still mainly in conventional mode using analog in many locations., though will go fully trunked NXDN once fully built out. It is Lutheran for both Ground, and Helo Ops. IOM owns Lutheran and a couple of other hospital systems. I mentioned this system a while back and we have so far found only one or two sites online in trunking. I check the Indy site at least twice to three times a week for activity.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
IOM also has a Indy site that is not on air yet. This system is still mainly in conventional mode using analog in many locations., though will go fully trunked NXDN once fully built out. It is Lutheran for both Ground, and Helo Ops. IOM owns Lutheran and a couple of other hospital systems. I mentioned this system a while back and we have so far found only one or two sites online in trunking. I check the Indy site at least twice to three times a week for activity.

Well, Site 5 is definitely online in trunking mode -- and I'd guess 1 and 6 (whereever the might be) are also. They aren't using a standard UHF bandplan for the site, so you can't extrapolate a frequency from the neighboring site channel numbers. Anyway, I'm just posting what we hear.

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
There is now a beacon signal on this system, no CC yet, so no data on SysID, RAN etc yet.

west-pac

During a tropo event my buddy picked up what we feel is Site 5 of the IOM Health Systems NXDN48 trunked system

IOM HEALTH SYSTEMS
WRBT420
NXDN48 Trunked System (L432)

L432 - Site 5 - RAN 5 (Bluffton, Wells Co)
451.21875 ; ch 804
Neighbor List: 1 (ch 84) , 6 (ch 805)

There are six sites listed on the license:

Site ? - Fort Wayne (Allen)
451.0375 - likely CC

Site ? - Warsaw (Koskiusko)
451.89375 - likely CC

Site ? - Knox (Starke)
461.51875 - likely CC

Site ? - Peru (Miami)
461.99375 - likely CC

Site 5 - Blufton (Wells)
451.21875 - CC

Site ? - Portland (Jay)
451.86875 - likely CC

The RANs for the six sites will likely be RANS 1-6. So if you pick up one of these sites, you'll know which RF site it is based upon the RAN reported.

I didn't submit this to the database because the site picked up via Tropo may not be IOM. But we are fairly confident it is. If you are in/near any of those areas, and use DSDPlus or have a scanner capable of NXDN, please tune to the suggested control channels above and see if you pick up an NXDN48 trunked control channel.

Thanks

Mike
I believe the site numbers are laid out exactly how the FCC license locations are laid out.

Fort Wayne is 432-1, 451.0375 CC. I caught a couple TG accepted and declined on Fort Wayne, but no traffic at all on 432-5. With the Bluffton NL being 1, and 6, 6 should be Jay county. It only makes sense.

The Jay county site, and Starke county site must be related to Lutheran's helicopters, as they have Lutheran Air helicopters based in those locations, but neither county has a Lutheran hospital. Jay county has an IU-Health hospital. Also, being a neighbor to Jay county I can't receive that site. So it must be low power, or only on-air as needed. If my suspicions are correct those 2 sites will probably be located at or near the airports. I don't get a good lock on Fort Wayne either, but overnight Friday I was able to get it to lock and a get those couple TG affiliations. I'll leave DSD run on Fort Wayne all day today and see what I get, if nothing, I'll try Bluffton tonight and tomorrow. Based on the emissions type of the license I'm thinking this may only be a data system, but I could be wrong.

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
With the other sites finally coming live, the Indy site trunking side should be going live soon. I have heard one single hit on the Indy site analog side for the helo. Most of the helo ops are still on ERS TRBOConnect under the IU Health LifeLine set up. It will be interesting to see how this all comes together. WIll they use both, or leave the LifeLine umbrella?

west-pac

With the other sites finally coming live, the Indy site trunking side should be going live soon. I have heard one single hit on the Indy site analog side for the helo. Most of the helo ops are still on ERS TRBOConnect under the IU Health LifeLine set up. It will be interesting to see how this all comes together. WIll they use both, or leave the LifeLine umbrella?
Yea..... Lutheran and IU-Health have some kind of relationship. It'll be interesting when IU-Health builds a hospital in Fort Wayne. They already bought hundreds of acres of land in southern Allen county, along the Interstate.

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
Checked again and Indy site is still beaconing, no steady CC etc yet.

west-pac

I heard Lutheran Air Disp traffic on SAFE-T, so I loaded DSD+ with the Bluffton IOM site into. I heard IDAS voice audio, but nothing was shown on the Event Log. Is that normal?

west-pac

My computer is less than desirable when trying to hear audio from DSD+, but I was able to catch "landed safely", and traffic between Disp and a Medic unit, but I'm not seeing any TG information.

My sync screen scrolls "Sync: +NXDN48 TB CCDATA" then just before the audio it starts scrolling "IDAS IDLE", then audio is heard while scrolling "IDAS VOICE", then back to IDAS IDLE, then back to scrolling Sync: +NXDN48 TB CCDATA.

Why does it not show any radio or TG info?

Status
Not open for further replies.