IOP freq

Status
Not open for further replies.

jacksmith7899

Hello all

I just bought a Uniden BCD996T, I would like to set up and only listen to Isle of Palm Dispatch. I know the talk group is 740 but I have no idea what frequency they are on. I am real new to this scanner thing. Please help me. Thank you

Jack

jeffmulter

Fort Mill, S.C. (just south of Charlotte, N.C.)
Go to the following RR site: Palmetto (Project 25) Trunking System, , South Carolina - Scanner Frequencies

Near the top of the page, you'll see the frequencies for several Palmetto P25 trunked sites. The ones you'll be interested in are the Charleston Simulcast site, and the Six Mile site. I'm not sure if the McClellansville site will carry much Isle of Palms traffic.

You want to program these sites for control-channel-only scanning. Then, all you need to enter, frequency-wise, are the blue and red frequencies for those sites. You will have to either setup one system, with two sites within it ... or setup two separate systems consisting of one site each.

I would also recommend you use the "DEC" I-D for each talkgroup, as that is the standard which monitoring enthusiasts usually refer to when they share talkgroup information. The "HEX" is more-commonly referred to by people involved in programming two-way radios.

On that same RR webpage, there are more Isle of Palm talkgroups, including a couple more law enforcement.

Status
Not open for further replies.