iOS app for private feeds

Status
Not open for further replies.

PrivatelyJeff

Has more money than sense
Premium Subscriber
Can anyone recommend an app for iOS that will let me listen to a private feed and also has text tags? I want to setup a private feed for myself (a mix of local LE, fire and EMS) and use my phone for times I can't/don't want to lug my scanner around. I've looked around but they all sound the same.

Deziel0495

PE/NB Database Guy
Database Admin
Can anyone recommend an app for iOS that will let me listen to a private feed and also has text tags? I want to setup a private feed for myself (a mix of local LE, fire and EMS) and use my phone for times I can't/don't want to lug my scanner around. I've looked around but they all sound the same.

ScannerRadio is the best. By navigating to the "Browse Directory" option you can select "Custom Scanners" where you can manually enter a URL/IP. Stream needs to be in .MP3 format to work.

PrivatelyJeff

Premium Subscriber
Do you have a link or screenshot? When I search, a ton come up. And does it support text? I want to see which department I'm hearing (I scan 4 LE, 3 fire and 2 EMS).

Deziel0495

PE/NB Database Guy
Database Admin

rjdj2000

Gone Cuckoo
Feed Provider
ScannerRadio is the best. By navigating to the "Browse Directory" option you can select "Custom Scanners" where you can manually enter a URL/IP. Stream needs to be in .MP3 format to work.

Didn't know this had that, so I looked on my phone but for the life of me cannot find this option. I also have a private feed and like to listen when traveling, etc. but I mostly used Safari. Maybe the app has updated and no longer has this option. Using Scanner Radio Deluxe by Gordon Edwards v1.4.7

Edit: I also have app on an android device and it has the custom link to define a custom scanner. Must be iOS won't allow access like that. Guess stuck using Safari for now or until can find app on iOS that you can define a custom link and see text tags.

Last edited:

rjdj2000

Gone Cuckoo
Feed Provider
It appears that way... Will have to look at some others but have liked Scanner Radio the best.

rjdj2000

Gone Cuckoo
Feed Provider
Well have some good news for iOS. I messaged them on their Facebook page and got told that he never included it on iOS but that there was a couple of developers working on it and could add it in. I said it would be nice to have and looked forward to the updated version.

PrivatelyJeff

Premium Subscriber
Well have some good news for iOS. I messaged them on their Facebook page and got told that he never included it on iOS but that there was a couple of developers working on it and could add it in. I said it would be nice to have and looked forward to the updated version.

That would be nice. One less brick to haul around will be great.

Status
Not open for further replies.