Iowa CAPS patrol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haley

Anyone else listening to the CAP Patrols? They are on the RACOM EDACS network, showing up as TG 303. Does anyone know if they have more than one TG? Mike

Bandit52240

Premium Subscriber
never heard of the caps patrol. what are they and which racom tower. Not sure if the coralville tower would pick them up.

Haley

The CAPS program is the Civil Air Patrol. I was hearing them off some central Iowa towers. I was also listening to the RACOM techs. and it seemed they have a lot of problems on some of their Eastern Iowa towers (mostly the Mcleod ones, due to the floods). I beleive they were waiting for a part, so they could get them up and running. Havent heard them much yet today. Actually , just as I typed this the CAPS patrol (CAP 1 TO CAP2), are doing a check in. Talk Group is #303, its 9am Sunday. Mike

fireside

Premium Subscriber
Hearing Iowa CAP this morning 11:30 AM. They are taking photos of bridges on the Cedar river. Talkgroup 02-057 (303)

timkilbride

Database Admin
I found this on the JCOMM board minutes:

Civil Air Patrol has approached the JECC about installing a repeater on the Fry town tower. It would provide JECC with some additional free radios. Civil Air Patrol would absorb all the costs. They will be talking with Gary about this to move forward.

Have they moved away from RACOM?

Tim

ecps92

Might be a good time to add the Freq's from the RR Wiki on CAP and see what is out there...from the VHF Cap Channels.

I found this on the JCOMM board minutes:

Civil Air Patrol has approached the JECC about installing a repeater on the Fry town tower. It would provide JECC with some additional free radios. Civil Air Patrol would absorb all the costs. They will be talking with Gary about this to move forward.

Have they moved away from RACOM?

Tim

Status
Not open for further replies.