Iowa channels that are going away/changing in 6 months???

Status
Not open for further replies.

bshafe

Premium Subscriber
I know that Waterloo fire is now paged out on 800 mhz.
Are there other changes like this happening soon?? i.e. moving from vhf to 800mhz?

obijohn

I know that Waterloo fire is now paged out on 800 mhz.
Are there other changes like this happening soon?? i.e. moving from vhf to 800mhz?

There are pagers on 800 MHz??? This is a revelation to me. I thought Motorola was not manufacturing 800 MHz. pagers. Maybe you are hearing a multicast/simulcast on an 800 talkgroup?

timkilbride

Database Admin
I thought Waterloo, Cedar Falls, and rural VFD's were paged on VHF and patch the 800MHz TG as well.

Tim

Signal3and2

Premium Subscriber
The tech at radio communications told me this info.

I wouldn't put much salt behind anything from Radio Communications says... It's not even their system in the first place. Black Hawk Co was smart and went with RACOM.

bar422

And the taxpayers in Black Hawk County pay for the mistake each month....even the people that fought to get it will tell you that! Another interoperability bullsh*t story!

Radio Communications probably don't know much about the Racom system (I didn't think this thread was about Racom or Radio Communications anyway) however I have had great dealings with them over the years.

sparkymyboy

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Radio Communications would have no idea what Black Hawk is doing. Maybe they are just going to abandon those VHF frequencies becuase of the narrowband requirement. They serve no purpose other than for informational use, well I guess CFD has pagers for call backs, but simply remove the equipment and letting them expire makes sense.

Signal3and2

Premium Subscriber
Radio communications doesn't know much about their own systems either, I'm forced to use one every day.

bar422

I use their system as well and have never had any problems....however.....if you're having problems with using it in a public safety setting that is a BIG problem and it needs to be taken care of before someone gets hurt.

Status
Not open for further replies.